Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h ........ Deposit Required?

Hi

The RX400h on paper looks like my 'ideal car'

I want to pre-order one and have been quoted £1000.00 initial deposit, by my local Lexus branch.

This would be totally refundable if after a road test I changed my mind.

How much have other forum members been asked to pay?

thanks in advance

n

Hi Nige,

Ask your Dealer to confirm (in writing) your place in the queue. This will give you some idea of delivery time (see above) from when the 400h is (actually) available. I assume Lexus will 'drip feed' them (cf X5/XC90 etc.) continually?

Cheers,

Dieter

lexus will over subscribe in the knowledge that in eight months time people will change their minds or financial circumstances may change,

if they all sell they give you the deposit back hence the refundable deposit,

there may be a few unhappy customers, but lexus wont be !!

just think of the interest all those £1000 are making them

Hi,

At 1 or 2 cars per Dealer per month I suspect you're looking at an early 2006 delivery. It's certainly not going to get much better (cf XC90 etc.).

Best to get in line though (what's the loss of £50 or so interest) especially as you'll be able to get some 'real' feedback on the 400h from (future) owners to complement your (future) test drive etc..

Cheers,

How do you guys know how many and what nature the delivery of RX400h will be when it is launched?

As a senior manager of a dealership, all I know is that it is due for launch in May or June next year.

That is what I am telling my customers, any more than that and I would be making it up. The only thing that can be confirmed is where you are in the dealerships list, I suspect that LGB are planning to distribute the cars in fashion that will not penalise those that ordered cars from a dealer that has taken more orders than an other. The next place on my list is No. 24.

The need for deposits is essential in managing a pre launch demand. I was with BMW when the Z3 was launched and I saw some dealers really messed up by customers ordering cars with more than one dealer or deciding not to take delivery of their cars when they arrived.

And as for ‘all that interest’ just how much interest do you think you make on £1000 in a current account for 6 months?

Thanks for all the help

Apparantly according to Lexus Uk the 400h will be allocated according to your place when car was ordered in the overall order list.

ie if I order tomorow and I am 1st with say Lexus Bristol or 99th with Lexus Manchester I would still get the car on the same day.

So *where* you order makes no difference..... its *when* you order(ed).

This seems the fairest way to me actually.

n

And as for ‘all that interest’ just how much interest do you think you make on £1000 in a current account for 6 months?

not a lot ......however times that by 23 , put in a high interest account for 8 months ......it starts getting bigger

then times by however many dealers ....... :whistling:

and i thought it was refundable, wouldnt that defeat the object of the reason of taking it in the first place :)

Yes it may well make you some profit. Once the initial orders are complete there may well be a long waiting list. The Prius in the US has something like 8 months wait. To also add to the shortage Toyota will be releasing the Highlander in the US shortly after the RX400h

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links