Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plate Bolt

Is it a coloured plastic one with a slot in the top? You can get a set of these from Halfords for £1.19. I had to ask at the parts counter.

I know cause I bought a pack yesterday to get another white bolt for my new front plate on the IS. The letters on the new plate were in a different position relative to the bolts so I had a black bolt creating a dot in an odd position.

If you cannot get some pliers on the bit of the bolt that is broken then you can drill it out or maybe remove some of the interior trim and get to it from behind.

Personally I would leave it, order some new plates and stick them on rather than using screws - looks much nicer.

Personally I would leave it, order some new plates and stick them on rather than using screws - looks much nicer.

I wish i had done that....when i drilled the holes in my new plate it creased the lettering slightly - cant really notice unless you look close... :shifty: got away with it :D

B) I stuck my plates on and it has been noticed by others and they think it looks better than having the bolts to hold them on ;)

why not try velcrose, sellotape do an adhesive backed velcro tape that sticks like super glue one part to car, one to plate. then when you go to shows etc you can whip off your number plates and stick on your personal ones with no fuss if anyone has a problem getting tape let me know as i work for company that makes velcro or as our company call it cosmolon cheers Steve.

If you cannot get some pliers on the bit of the bolt that is broken then you can drill it out or maybe remove some of the interior trim and get to it from behind.

I have always done that, with the cars i sell.... looks much nicer than bolts or screws...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links