Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japanese Performance Show - 10/10/04

Claire G

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left a little early from the show and I just got back..

It was nice to meet you all,

Chris

Gordon

Dobedo

Dave E

Fargo

Dr Evil

Taz

Another Taz

Daza top bloke

Raz

Sanj

Ukanz

Marcus

Mark

The Don ( who may be famous as there were TV crew all over his car when I left )

And many others

Man there were so many more..... Good overall turnout the only disapointing thing was not being able to run 1/4 mile

Que'd twice too, WHAT YELLOW TICKET ? :unsure:

Anyways saw some top fuel cars run just over 5 seconds, there as also a jet powered engine running so quick if you blinked you'll missed it.

Weather was good but food was a dogs dinner even worse.

Some very nice cars on the LOC members plot, thanks for Gordon for sorting out the passes, he should be nominated "Chairman ticket holder".

It was nice to see Chris Shipleys car back and shiny, that turbo charged IS is still giving me loads of thoughts :winky:

Fargo, did you use your NOS or what? I did'nt seem to disapear in your rear view mirror did I :hehe: :P Told you, I have something up my sleeve.

Sorry Aido, never saw any nice girls there to snap for ya, guess cause it was really windy for those short skirks and bikinis....

Nope, no body...

Poor organisation at the POD let's just say ... :ph34r:

We que up for 30 mins only to be 4th from the office and they close the door on us and shouts it will re-open at 1pm.

So off we go.....

We then return at 12:20pm and like about 30th in que of 100+ people, only to find some organiser bloke walk the whole length of the que shouting " yellow ticket holders only" thought WTF is this guy on about, so we nudge the bloke in front and he tells us that they got a yellow ticket 2 hours before, when they approched the office and it was closed... My thoughts then were, we just had the darn door closed in our faces and the lady did'nt say anything about getting a yellow ticket at the time we left, in fact if she had closed the door any quicker she would have had her f** ar** caught in it !!

So £12 con to get in to do what ............?

Park in a dusty car park freezing our A**** off ??

What a RIP i think...

Last time you'll ever see me at the POD i tell ya !!

Stick with the LOC self organised events I say ...

That's a big shame mate, I was looking forward to seeing Fargo waste all of you :P

Sounds like the guys at the Pod were a waste of space today :(

We'll have to hire our own drag strip for the day so we can see what these cars are capable of!

brrrrrr.......it was cold !!

total ***** up with the runs

could have at least told us before we queued up for 30 mins

did keiron manage any runs???

was some very nice motors , and the jet car !! 10000bhp was a bit quick

steve you are right about the food, it was pretty disgusting, how they had the cheek to sell it is beyond me

we may have a new member signing on soon, Mike Brewer, his wife has just traded her IS in and now has an RX

hopefully we will see chris the don giving his interview on the tv

and by the way chris "what does it do" :lol:

nice to see everyone :D

That's a big shame mate, I was looking forward to seeing Fargo waste all of you :P

lol love you aido,, ill pay you later....

yes steve i used nos,, but had to ease off to lt you catch me up....

although when i slowed down... you were catching me up rather quick....

Yep the top fuel dragster was AWESOME, and i thought it was loud when it had a little burn to warm the tryes....Sh...it no.... when it went for it it was LOUD... and fast.. 5.36 seconds @ 200mph. also the guy on the tannoy says each run in that costs the team 1000 quid in fuel and bearings..

That motorbike dragster thing was fast...170mph on his bets run...and that JET car...258mph......

Good Weekend and a good day (even tho i went with only 2 hours sleep).

a Nice 110 mile convoy from East London :yawn: ... got there about 10:30. thanks to gord for sorting us out :)

Entry price was a bit steep, but loads of good track action. All sorts of interesting motors and times.

Only Neil TT managed to make it on to the track :whistling: The food was rubbish and handful of chips (literally) for £1.50 and £0.80 for a can of coke!!! Hmm maybe i should move into that line of work :lol:

It was good to see old faces and cars, and good to meet those new to me, TheDon, UkAzn, DarkIS200, DrEvil, Neil, Mark, Daza ....

It was Bl***y cold wern't it!!!!

It was my first time at there & 2 be honest i thought there would be more trade stands and stuff but what was let down by the pod was more than made up by the LOC :D

Nice 2 see you all and hope its warmer next time!!!

Sorry to hear this Steve, may be we should have our own RWYB event at one of the race circuits, never know.

I've always thought a LOC RWYB event would be a laugh, and it would make more sense going against each other rather than trying to outdrag a stripped out pulsar GTI or similar...

SteveAudioX and Fargo - Children PLEASE !!!!! Hope you both got back O.K. (and I wasn't that far behind!) :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk