Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all has anyone gone from the gs300 mk1 to the mk2 and wished they stayed with the mk1??? :blink:

Is the mk2 much better ? does it drive better ? or is it much the same as the mk1

I love my mk1 that much is it worth the change? (ok I can test drive one from lexus)

but I would like some input from you guys (the guys to ask). :winky:

Thanks Phil.

:driving: Yep, i went from 1 to 2 and i was amazed at the difference, i have the sport but i dont find the suspension hard, sometimes i'm in the car for three or four hours and you just want to keep on driving and when you get out you feel as if you have only been in it for an hour. I still loved my mk1 but just go out and try it!

Thanks guys, this is what I wanted to hear, but yea there is the issue of the exterior styling but I supose I can live with it :unsure: (or can I).

Ok next step drive one.

Thanks all.

if you had asked me 9 months ago - I would have agreed on the styling.

But, the MKII has grown on me massively - now to the point where I really prefer the looks of the MKII.

Are you thinking new or used?

If new, you may be looking at a long wait.

I had to get a used GS 430, because it would take 16 weeks for my spec car to be delivered.

Can't comment on the MkI as I've never owned one, but do love my MkII sports to bits. I prefer the exterior styling to the MkI and the interior has a very luxurious feel. I agree with Gerry in that I don't find the sports suspension difficult or hard at all.

It will be a used one, and not untill the spring and yes of course things do grow on you, the mk2 does have a more modern look, but I think Im just having trouble letting go. :crybaby:

Would agree with what has been said the mk2 is a better drive and the interior is not as dated as the mk1,what realy puts me of the mk2 is the styling ,it realy reminds me of a hyundi and that rear end just seems unfinished .

I think it's the same for both series I and II. They both look good as a sport and both look plain otherwise.

your right colin i am not a lover of the mk1 unless it is the sport model and would not have bought one otherwise.like the mk2 sport in the dark colours just wish they had done a bit more with the back.saying that i would not buy another lexus as i have had to much trouble parking it ,seems to be to many jelous people around and the lexus is like a magnet to them :angry: .gonna get a landcruiser and be able to park in peace :)

I've always liked the Series I Sport and thought the Series II looked too much like a Merc when it came out (the front four headlights), but over time the Series II has grown on me and I think the Sport is really nice, particularly in black or blue.

If I stay with the Lexus brand and can afford it I'm thinking of going from my black Series I Sport to a black Series II Sport, despite the rear end which I'm not keen on.

I bought my mk1 because they are the least IN YOUR FACE car of its class,

Jags, mercs, and others are just too "HERE I AM" and that is just NOT ME its a bit like having a ROLLER :ohmy: over the top.

I feel good in my lex very layed back and cool and I know people are not saying "look at that w*anker" and as for BMWs, well common as muck and the drivers are complete ***** h*les, (WHY ?) I dont want to be one of them thank you. :yack:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links