Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 / Is300

There was abig thread on here regarding it .. search is your friend ;)

Basicaly, from what I recall from the is300.net pictures were not of the new IS but of a new Toyota car due for launch.

2006 still seemts the release date however.

Looks pretty damn sexy.

I can't read Japanese, but I'm sure the above says something along the lines of:

"This car looks great, owning one of these will be like winning the 'I have the largest ***** in the word award' "

Bling Bling pulling power.

• 2 weeks later...

And I quote :

The Mark X has been unveiled in its home market of Japan.

Powered by a choice of 2.5 or 3.0-litre V6 engines, both with automatic transmission, the Mark X is rumoured to be the replacement for the recently discontinued Camry. Bosses are said to be currently evaluating the car's suitability for sale in European markets.

The luxury newcomer is the latest to join a long line of Toyota's Japan-only models, which began with the Mark II in 1968.

This time, though, the car maker is hoping for a more global reach, and a version is already being developed for the US market. Whether it comes to Europe will be determined by demand. However, the rear-wheel-drive chassis is entirely new and, even if the Mark X doesn't come to the UK, it's likely that its platform will underpin the next-generation Lexus IS200. 

I coudn't manage to line up the columns as its a quick copy and paste....

We know this already but this confirms.....

Vehicle Trademarks

Recent Vehicle Trademark Filings (by "priority" filing date), 2nd Half 2004*

Date Filed/Country Mark(s Owner Notes

2004-11-17/US, CA, AU 2004-11-18/NZ GS350, GS460 Toyota Jidosha K.K. midsize Lexus sedan

2004-11-17/EU LEXUS GS460, LEXUSIS220d

Toyota Jidosha K.K

2004-11-16/EU 2004-11-18/CZ IS220d Toyota Jidosha K.K. compact Lexus sedan

2004-11-12/US, CA IS350 Toyota Jidosha K.K. compact Lexus sedan

2004-11-12/US, CA, AU 2004-11-15/NZ 2004-11-18/CZ IS250

Toyota Jidosha K.K. compact Lexus sedan

2004-11-03/US 2004-11-04/CA, AU, NZ 2004-11-10/EU GS450h

Toyota Jidosha K.K. Lexus hybrid sedan

The full listings are here......

http://www.auto-report.net/index.html?tm200302.html

new IS is due for worldwide release Mid-Late 2005, diesel to follow in 2006

the front resembles the LF-C concept, but the lower air vents are not as extreme........

the grill will be slatted as on the current grill, with the possibilty of mesh later.

the Current attitude within Toyota Corp, IS NOT to bring out any fancy kitted up examples, this even includes building any special "BMW Beaters"........

Currently there are alot of concerned people who think the future direction of Toyota Corp, is Misguided and will Harm Future Lexus sales, not only in Europe, but worldwide!!

new IS is due for worldwide release Mid-Late 2005, diesel to follow in 2006

the front resembles the LF-C  concept, but the lower air vents are not as extreme........

the grill will be slatted as on the current grill, with the possibilty of mesh later.

the Current attitude within Toyota Corp, IS NOT to bring out any fancy kitted up examples, this even includes building any special "BMW Beaters"........

Currently there are alot of concerned people who think the future direction   of Toyota Corp, is Misguided and will Harm Future Lexus sales, not only in Europe, but worldwide!!

Does it look anything like this?The front is almost like the LF-C,but the lower air vents are not extreme,just like you said.The grill is also just like you said.

al0410.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links