Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

how to remove scratches

PI100

I'm always worried about T-Cut and that ilk. Can they not do more damage to the paintwork, and leave other blemishes and marks? I have 3 or 4 little scratches on mine that aren't too deep, and I'd like to get rid of them, too. I'm not bought T-Cut because, the last time I used it (years ago) it left a nasty patch all over the wing. What's the secret to using it?

be carefull with metallic paint.. I put a blemish in my paintwork with T-cut.. but managed to get it out in the end by t-cutting a wider area... as chris suggested.

The zymol the area in long strokes instead of circular... worked a treat

I find that with colour Tcut it is just covering up ols scratched so they do not show and after a few washes the same scratches are apparent.

I want to get hold of some normal cutting compound the professionals use... not T-Cut cutting compound for dummies :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a light to medium key down a side rear door. Tried to: Wash with Autoglym shampoo, dry completly, then T Cut Metallic (quite a bit around the line, but only around it), polish off, then Autoglym super resin polish, then polish off...... looked ever ever so slightly better, then a week later.... mark was looking just the same.... basically, the T-Cut did jack shi*.

i have loads of scratches on mine due to seagulls( must tell them to trim thier toe nails:D) the best product i have found is turtle wax scratch and swirl remover, by hand for a small scratch takes about 2 mins, for larger areas i use a buffing machine - did whole bonnet in 10 mins and now its gleaming :cool:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links