Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

New Lexus IS video clip They've also written a review (in Hungarian)

I just feel sorry for the dude hanging out of the passenger window trying to take a shot of the moving front wheel... :tomato:

He was also trying to get as much video recorded as he could, some of the shots are so rushed...maybe he should have been at work that day.... :ph34r:

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone.

Since March that i read all the post, concerning to the new IS.

Im from Portugal and today, will be my first contact to the car, test drive etc.

In my country i need 58.000,00 € to get an IS 250 SE auto whit Multimedia pack.

Same car but engine diesel cost 53.000,00 €.

Please give yours feedback, should i get the petrol or oil?

Whit a full tank, how many Kms a can do, in a petrol?

Petrol cost 1,30 € per Litre

Oil cost 1,00 €.

Sorry about my english, but i try to do better.

Regards

Hello everyone.

Im from Portugal and today, will be my first contact to the car, test drive etc.

Oil cost 1,00 €.

Regards

I guess it would depend on how many km's you do in a year............if you do over 20.000 kms then wouldnt the Diesel work out better value?

Also look at servicing costs.

Hello everyone.

Oil cost 1,00 €.

Regards

I guess it would depend on how many km's you do in a year............if you do over 20.000 kms then wouldnt the Diesel work out better value?

Rip Off Britain - just look at the diesel costs....25% less than Petrol! :tsktsk: Then consider that 1 eur = <70p! :tsktsk:

Mind you the car appears to be cheaper here....how novel! But the diesel 220d is almost listed the same as the 250 V6.... :blink:

Anyway, I'm going Monday to have my first snoop around the showroom. I don't want a test drive in the 250SE, I am waiting for the Diesel... :driving:

Hello everyone.

Oil cost 1,00 €.

Regards

Rip Off Britain - just look at the diesel costs....25% less than Petrol! :tsktsk: Then consider that 1 eur = <70p! :tsktsk:

Mind you the car appears to be cheaper here....how novel! But the diesel 220d is almost listed the same as the 250 V6.... :blink:

Anyway, I'm going Monday to have my first snoop around the showroom. I don't want a test drive in the 250SE, I am waiting for the Diesel... :driving:

In France, Lexus has now published Is prices:

IS250 Pack Luxe = 37.200 €

IS250 Pack Sport (including Nav & M&L) = 43.500 €

IS250 Pack Executive (including Nav & M&L) = 44.800 €

IS220D should be 1000 € less than the IS250 and should have an IS220D Pack entry model at 31.000 € :driving:

Oh, boy.......

Cool it Moley, cool it....... deep breaths, deep breaths......

Firstly, there is no diesel auto option (yet) because if you look at the whole Toyota range globally, apart from a USA 28 tonne truck, they do not have a diesel auto with as much torque as the new diesel engine.

Looks to me like the 3.0 l 165 D4D Land Cruiser has slightly more torque (410 Nm) so has the Land Cruiser 4.2 l TD SW (430 Nm) and they both come with auto box.

So the reason for not having an IS220d with an auto box must be somewhere else.

IS350 scores over BMW330i

OOOpps I think that's right!

While it is always nice to see Lexus beat BMW, I am not sure how seriously we can take an article that says about the cupholders...

"Plus, they aren’t deep, and beverages contained there spill easily when the BMW is driven with verve. "

:P

Article is fairly comprehensive, obviously cupholders are a big thing for the Yanks. Autoweb are to be congratulated for finally stating what every review, article has be hinting at, namely, the new IS is the better overall package.

My only gripe with the article is that I now want the IS350 even more! So a question for the Mole. At what point do Lexus take action when they see grey imports coming in, I know for a fact that Lexus are well happy to service grey imports. Would Lexus help with english manuals, etc?

My guess is that quite soon you're going to see IS350's advertised in the motor press at £25-30K range (considering the Yen/ £ exchange rate), and that'll be very tempting indeed.

Final question, for those who know, how much work requires to be done to a Japanese IS350 for it to conform to UK standards.

Oh, boy.......

Cool it Moley, cool it....... deep breaths, deep breaths......

Firstly, there is no diesel auto option (yet) because if you look at the whole Toyota range globally, apart from a USA 28 tonne truck, they do not have a diesel auto with as much torque as the new diesel engine.

Looks to me like the 3.0 l 165 D4D Land Cruiser has slightly more torque (410 Nm) so has the Land Cruiser 4.2 l TD SW (430 Nm) and they both come with auto box.

So the reason for not having an IS220d with an auto box must be somewhere else.

It is an 5 Speed AT, built for trucks. While it might be pretty small for truck, it is probably still way too big for IS.

Problem is that Lexus thinks about selling 10,000 IS220d per year, and since most Europeans wouldnt want AT, that means very, very low niche for IS220d AT.

As to the dude from Portugal - I suspect pricing differences are due to different taxing. I would take IS220d in a second if I was you.

First articles about IS220d are appearing and they are pretty mixed. Smaller outfits say it is pretty nice and quiet while larger UK mags (hint: BMW advertising power) say it is loud and relativly slow.

But the fact is that 2.2d Clean Power engine in Avensis was rated higher than BMW's 320d engine in both power and quietness in recent Automotor und Sport tests. While it was as fast as BMW (and IS's is only 0.2 slower), it was much faster in 60-80kmh and 80-120kmh tests which actually shows that a lot of BMW's 0-60 time comes from long 2nd gear. And much quieter experience.

Now, is Lexus going to have louder engine / less sound deadning materials than Avensis? IS RWD car going to be significantly slower than FWD? What you lose by slightly more weight, you gain with superior traction to start with.

Something smells funny :-).

"As to the dude from Portugal - I suspect pricing differences are due to different taxing. I would take IS220d in a second if I was you."

That gear box, is so GREAT.

All portugueses are geting oils cars, bmw 320d, 530d, Hondas cdti, everyone, next

year they will have a tax because the poluition of the world.

Oil consuming increase every year more than 20%

I will get the petrol, more money for our govern, 24.000, 00€ of taxing

In oil version 20.000, 00 €

Went to my local lexus dealer in coverntry and actually saw one for the first time - obviously in silver.. Defiinatly looks better in the flesh than the pics and i'm pretty much sold. I'll be going for the 220D in jan - probably SE with sat/nav. The lease prices for 250 are quite high so i hope the 220D is better for a company car driver. My backup options are BMW 520D or Jag 2.2D Sport... Looking forward to the new year!!

The 5th gear review last night (repeat) was more positive than I expected so its definatly my first choice at the moment.

The fact that the 4car report only gives the new IS 3.5 stars for comfort and equipment for a car that is by far the best equipped, and has the most cocooningly beautiful ride and interior just beggars belief.

So, what you're saying is that if we strip most of the equipment out and charge you extra for it, then make the cabin noiser, and install some rock hard german seats and cheaper plastics then you might give it 4 stars like the rest?

The temptation to loose it here and let rip with some choice words is almost too great to resist, but resist I will.

Buyers -please, PLEASE, make your own minds up see the blatant incompetency and unqualified tripe written in these comics for what it is!

I think I'll go into journalism......

"The food served in that new restaurant that is getting raves is horrible..... because I say so..... so don't eat there - trust me, my taste buds know better......"

Same thing

got my first stone chip today - grater....although they said the primer will be the same colour as the paint..(my primer seemed white below the black paint....)

Guess its time to call that chipsaway guy for two tiny tiny microscopic chips..maybe(why do we still have flaky paint!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links