Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Visual Safety Inspection

I popped into my local dealer last week as they sent me letter that i had to have my carpet mats changed as they could get caught under the accelerator pedal. They changed the mats for exactly the same type as my old ones already had a retaining clip on them, and i got to keep them too!

While the car was there they carried out a visual safety inspection they notified me that the rear brake pads were worn 90%, "almost down to the metal" were the words the service advisor used. I thought that this was a bit strange as the rear pads and disks were replaced about a year ago and i have only covered about 6000 miles since then. When i got home i took the rear wheels off and checked the pad thickness and it looked about 8mm left on each of the pads - surley that cannot be 90% worn. Does any one know what the pad thickness is when new?

Cheers,

Sandeep

Hi mate,

I am afraid I can't help you with the brake pad situation, but I did have a question about the carpet in the car. I have a 2002 IS Sport and the other day as I was driving along the mat got caught under the peddle, and the accelerator got held down, which was a bit dodgy! Is this a known fault or something? Are dealers replacing the mats for free? My one has clips on it too, but they must have unhooked from the carpet.

Cheers

Rav

According to Lexus Guildford my pads were about 40% worn when I had it serviced in 2004. I have just had it serviced again at Reading and the pads have grown - now only 20% worn.

At this rate next year I will have brand new pads :)

Rav,

The new mats they supplied free of charge and they are exactly the same as ones that i had originally. The only difference that i could spot was with the clips, as the new ones are curved at the top towards the seat and therefore its difficult to get the mat off them. As far as i can remember, the old clips were just like a bit of upright plastic.

Hope this helps.

Sandeep

According to Lexus Guildford my pads were about 40% worn when I had it serviced in 2004. I have just had it serviced again at Reading and the pads have grown - now only 20% worn.

At this rate next year I will have brand new pads :)

They probably use an elastic band to measure the thickness....

Sandeep

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links