Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Conned By Lexus

I ordered my new IS200 in early October 04, It was delivered the last week in December 04. I could'nt afford SAT Nav at it was just under 2K as an option. A week later Lexus are fitting it as standard in the IS200 SE. If I got my car in the quoted 2 week period I would have said thats just bad luck, but as I was unaware at the time but it is obvious now, Lexus were running down the old stock hence my standard black car with standard black interior took 10 weeks to deliver im gutted.

I have asked Lexus I could pay the additional £800 the car costs now with SAT Nav so I can have it retro fitted, but they said get lost more or less.

Has anyone else had SAT Nav retro fitted or is an alternative system available for the IS200?? And has anyone experienced missing out on the cut for a special offer from Lexus?? and if so how did you get on??

Ive been conned

it can and has been retro fitted, however you pretty much have to strip tyhe car down to puthte looms in,, also getting parts from lexus will set you back 1000's.. you might try getting the parts from a breakers yard, or cheaper still get an aftermarket nav like tom tom for around 400 quid. leaving you 400 to spend on other goodies..

That's bad luck, sorry mate. I knew someone would get caught out.

What's also bad news is when you decide to sell it you'll lose out too (coz by then there will be lots of cars that are just slightly younger than yours but with a lot more toys fitted as standard).

That's bad luck, sorry mate. I knew someone would get caught out.

What's also bad news is when you decide to sell it you'll lose out too (coz by then there will be lots of cars that are just slightly younger than yours but with a lot more toys fitted as standard).

Well you really know how to kick a man whilt he's already down..... :lol:

What date did you receive the car & what date did the new promotion go on?

If it was me I would seriously kick Lexus A*s for doing that - surely they must have known about the new promotion when you ordered your car / during it being manufactured - 10 weeks does sound a long time for a car that they pretty much have sitting in an airfield somewhere. (I remember when I bought mine, I looked at buying new and was told 2 weeks!)

Put it this way, if you bought a tv from a store in December and it was reduced in the January sale you'd complain right? In this situation you have a lower spec'd car for the same price with satnav, jees I reckon you've probably lost circa £1000 for trade in compare to the sat nav spec'd model.

I feel for you mate, maybe check with trading standards - I would.

No way I'd put up with that go back to the dealer and say you only bought the car because of the strong residual value and you feel like you were conned.

If you get nowhere make a formal complaint to lexus (pm me if you want I can give you the number and a contact name) again along the lines that the car was bought with the residual value in mind.

I'm not saying you'll get the money back or even the unit fitted but I bet you can get some free services or something along those lines......

You get nothing if you don't try......... :ph34r:

Why not get a Tom Tom Navigator?

In the past I've owned a GS430 and two LS430s. All had sat nav.

At the moment I have a Subara Legacy GT Spec B. I need an estate and didn't fancy the IS Sportcross. There is no sat nav in the car so I got the Tom Tom Navigator.

I think this is actually better than the Lexus sat nav system. Benefits include:

1) You can use it in more than one car

2) You can upload speed camera databases to it here:

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

3) The software is much better, does postcodes for starters. And the voice directions are better.

It costs around £400.

Batteries last for about 5 hours, but you can power it and re-charge it from the cig lighter socket if you want.

Ive been conned

you have not been conned.

unlucky - yes.

conned - no.

did you get the car you ordered?

Did you order sat nav?

Do you have proof that your Lexus dealer knew that 11 weeks later the IS would be offered with nav as standard?

Do you expect the dealer to advise you to wait in case a better spec comes out?

Why didn't you wait until November 05 when the new model IS comes out?

Why didn't you wait until <whenever> when the IS350 comes out?

Or do you feel the Lexus dealer has conned you by selling you the car you ordered when he knew full well a new model would be out in 8 months?

Not havng a fo at you mate - must be a bit of a bummer.

but - be realistic - you were not conned

Ive been conned

unlucky - yes.

conned - no.

Did you order sat nav?

Do you have proof that your Lexus dealer knew that 11 weeks later the IS would be offered with nav as standard?

Or do you feel the Lexus dealer has conned you by selling you the car you ordered when he knew full well a new model would be out in 8 months?

finally some quality response since some of the answers here are from little boy racers.

Ive been conned

unlucky - yes.

conned - no.

Did you order sat nav?

I agree, I was also unlucky when I took delivery of my last new car, 2 weeks before they started coming with 3 years of warentee instead of 1 year :(

Its all the luck of the draw sometimes, however that said the dealer did know that the car was due to come down in price in 6 months time so I managed to get it 4K cheaper by bartering with them, so they probably also knew of the extension to the warentee as well... buggers!

finally some quality response since some of the answers here are from little boy racers.

What gives you the right to call the response from boy racers - Boy racers or not they still drive the same car as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you'd feel different if it was you who bought a car weeks before the spec changed!

What gives you the right to call the response from boy racers - Boy racers or not they still drive the same car as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you'd feel different if it was you who bought a car weeks before the spec changed!

this is just what i mean... i am fully agree with Matthew_McNally his answer. you have your own responsebility of buying, no one is forsing you full stop. and yes we might drive the same car but that doesn't mean we have the same minds.

Not sure about these boy racer comments don't see how they help anyone

I do agree Hodge was not conned but if it happened to me it would have made my P**s boil. Whenever they upgrade the spec of a car someone will miss out but I still think if he challenges the dealer ( yes they probably knew) he will get something.

Customer satisfaction is supposed to be part of the package when buying a Lex and if your driving around feeling like you've been ripped off the whole experience is spoiled and it taints the feel of the car.

:tsktsk: :ph34r::driving::angry::question:

Ive been conned

unlucky - yes.

conned - no.

Did you order sat nav?

I agree, I was also unlucky when I took delivery of my last new car, 2 weeks before they started coming with 3 years of warentee instead of 1 year :(

Its all the luck of the draw sometimes, however that said the dealer did know that the car was due to come down in price in 6 months time so I managed to get it 4K cheaper by bartering with them, so they probably also knew of the extension to the warentee as well... buggers!

RAHHHhhh!!!

U got 4K off the price? From a Lexus dealer?!?!!?

I only manage 500! :crybaby::wacko::blink::sick:

Ive been conned

unlucky - yes.

conned - no.

Did you order sat nav?

Bad luck thats all mate.......... ;)

and as for the boy racers...................do you know something i dont ;) as i can not see any boy racers.............. :duh: hold on i will put my :geek: on........

RAHHHhhh!!!

U got 4K off the price? From a Lexus dealer?!?!!?

I only manage 500! :crybaby::wacko::blink::sick:

Nah... better than that... a Renault dealer :D

B)

I do agree Hodge was not conned but if it happened to me it would have made my P**s boil. Whenever they upgrade the spec of a car someone will miss out but I still think if he challenges the dealer ( yes they probably knew) he will get something.

Customer satisfaction is supposed to be part of the package when buying a Lex and if your driving around feeling like you've been ripped off the whole experience is spoiled and it taints the feel of the car.

:tsktsk:  :ph34r:  :driving:  :angry:  :question:

i agree with that yes, but still this happened all the time. cars (and not only cars even worse with computers) get updates. this is what we all want or not?

what i mean with boy racers talk is that it is very simple to pi**o** a dealer but by the end of the day it is still you who is buying the car... and yes if the dealer knows about this updates you might be angry. but thats why we have a lexus owners club to try to get this kind of information first to our members...

:tsktsk:  :ph34r:  :driving:  :angry:  :question:

i agree with that yes, but still this happened all the time. cars (and not only cars even worse with computers) get updates. this is what we all want or not?

what i mean with boy racers talk is that it is very simple to pi**o** a dealer but by the end of the day it is still you who is buying the car... and yes if the dealer knows about this updates you might be angry. but thats why we have a lexus owners club to try to get this kind of information first to our members...

Your right but the dealers and Lex UK know that the person who buys a car on Friday only to find it cheaper/better on a Monday is going to be p***ed. They must expect some kind of comeback.

If they don't make changes like this more transparent to people already in the system they will feel ripped off. If they choose to do business this way they will expect to be challenged and I would not be at all suprised if they have some kind of response/sweetner already prepared.

You are right knowledge is power it a look here could have avoided this situation for him but I don't think Hodge has been treated well by Lexus...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links