Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Sevicing

Hi,

just bought a is200 and it needs a 90k service.

can anyone recommend a non lexus dealer where I can get it serviced?

I live in north west london.

Lexus will charge a fortune so I'm hoping an independent will be cheaper.

OR

am I mad and just to go Lexus.

Please advise as it's my first lexus is200 and it needs a service before I can drive it.

Also as I rev the engine slightly and towards the end when revs die down it makes a tapping sound any idea what this could be?

Thanks

Sunil

Welcome Sunil! :D :D

Getting your car serviced is your own choice - but if all its other services have been from Lexus you may as well keep the full dealer service history up.

If not, then a company called ProLex-UK run by a few members of the club have many affliated garages that I'm sure you could get your car properly serviced from. Not sure of the centre near you - but I'm sure other members will know.

Enjoy your stay! :D :D

Cheers for the advise all the previous services have been independent garages except for the first 2 so I think it makes sense to get it done by an independent.

Any idea of where my nearest ProLex-UK is ?

Thanks

Sunil

Getting your car serviced is your own choice - but if all its other services have been from Lexus you may as well keep the full dealer service history up.

If not, then a company called ProLex-UK run by a few members of the club have many affliated garages that I'm sure you could get your car properly serviced from. Not sure of the centre near you - but I'm sure other members will know.

Enjoy your stay! :D :D

Hi,

OR

Please advise as it's my first lexus is200 and it needs a service before I can drive it.

Also as I rev the engine slightly and towards the end when revs die down it makes a tapping sound any idea what this could be?

Thanks

Sunil

Its been talked about here before but try getting a price from a Toyota dealer instead. Labour charges are much less and you know the work and parts will be quality....

As far as I am aware, Toyota will not do a Lexus service.

They will repair a Lexus, but only minor repairs.

At least, that is what Toyota, Bury St Edmunds told me.

Nah mate some will some won't its down to each garage I think. There was a mention though on here that Toyota only use semi synthetic oil when they do service a Lex though......

• 7 months later...
Hi,

OR

Thanks

Sunil

Hi Sunil

if your car has done 90K its up to you but Lexus will charge you a lot of money! and going independant from a reputable garage such as Nationwide Serice centre etc will save you money!

And when a car is nearing 100K as long as its been serviced well it dont make much of a difference by who as people would make you believe when selling!

and the tapping noise could be a tappet but get it chewcked!

:zee:

• 3 months later...

This reply may be a bit late, sorry, but I had the same problem with my IS200SE 2002. Lexus Cardiff told me to stop using Supermarket Petrol. Which I did, but to no avail. Still had the pinking around the 2000 rpm range. Just bought a new Lexus Is 200 Sport, using the same petrol as before but no pinking. Which leads me to suggest its a fault with the car, probably timing. Get your dealer to check it out.

Good Luck Wayne

Sunil,

Any decent independent dealer should be able to service it. You can get the dealer to follow the servicing schedule, as it appears in your service book.

Unless you plan on selling the car in the near future, then having a Lexus stamp in the service books is not worth it.

However, you could get the basic service done at Lexus, make a note of whatever extra things they recommend to be done, and get all the extra work done at an independent.

It doesn't HAVE to be a toyota/lexus dealer that services it to do it properly. It's a car with regular technology not a spaceship!

If you are willing to travel, then Chris S's offer of £104 sounds like a bargain. I don't know of any independents in London, but I can recommend a place in Essex.

I've used Westfield Motors in Rayleigh for my previous Lexus and they are ex-Lexus themselves, but far, far cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

hiya, ive got a lexus IS200 sport and its up for service 80K, and lexus in birmingham told me it was a major service ad its gonna cost me £443.00, ......so what you are saying is if i tell lexus birmingham to do the basic service and get any other work done from a independant i would still have the lexus stamp in the service book plus all the work is done???

Yeah, main dealers stamp the service book as long as you had the service done. If they recommended £1000 of work on top of the service, but you didn't get them to do the extra work, then you still get a stamp.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links