Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Optimal Height Configuration

aido

Hmmm was just thinking about this and haven't really seen anything recommending this before...

I guess as standard the Eibachs etc lower the car by the same amount I think - say 30mm front and back, but the coilovers allow full control front and rear, so what configuration would offer the best compromise between handling and looks?

Guessing comfort doesn't come into play when the TTE's etc are used as the damping rate is non-adjustable, or would the ride soften out when the car is raised back up again? To be honest i'm not sure so thought I'd ask!

I'm not sure on the specifics on mine but the back end is very twitchy in the wet - just wondered what sort of configuration would be the most neutral, should the front be lowered the most or the back, or should they always be lowered the same amount?

Cheers all for any input :)

TTE reccomend no more than 35mm all round on their coilovers. When they fitted mine, they actually set them at 30mm. They wouldn't lower it any further as they said this was the optimum height.

Cheers mate, going to wind her up temporarily pal, just to see how she handles, might as well do it while the wheels are off when I get round to it!

Just wondered if there were any gains by changing the height of the front or back so they're different?

It all depends how much you're lowering by and also how big the speed bumps are - I used to catch the dirt guards under the bumper on some big bumps and also used to catch the Hiper exhaust on some others....

You'll also catch the CAT if you're really low..

To give you an idea with my car as low as it is I'll usually catch the front bumper, then the CAT and ***** guards under the car, and then the exhausts as I go over - I tend to turn around if I see a speed bump nowadays, hence why thinking of going higher for a while :o

I had to raise up my IS too for the very same problem

I then started to go over speed bumps with just one side of the car on the bump and the other on the flat if possible

pain in the arse I can tell you

nothing but a bad idea these speed bumps

I've always been told to have the car setup for noise down, back up... helps with handling and unloading when going into bends.

Going as low as i have, its reduced body roll ALOT due to no travel, lol. When i fitted anti roll bar kit i didn't have huge leap in performance that i expected, very slightly... but i think again cos i'm lower to center of gravity...

Mine does handle like shes on rails, but front does understeer just a wee bit.

Comfort, 30mm i'd say.. even at 50mm it was very nice... but i don't know what happens... i just carried away and dumped it hard!

I tend to turn around if I see a speed bump nowadays

don't know about optimal height - but ^ that is the $deity of cars telling you your car is too **** low! :lol:

seriously - I had a simple 30mm drop on eibachs on my IS.

it did improve the handling and the looks - whilst maintaining some degree of ride quality.

was like stock on a decent road, but could be harsh on a bad one.

but - I never had to turn around becase my car wouldn't make it down there

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links