Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Motorway Driving

jus bought a black lexus IS200 Sport bout a month ago, a beauty looks stunning and some great features....except when i drive on th motorway. speed and power aint too bad...already got 6pts and two £60 fines....but i find it a little lightweight and the steering a little loose too.....worst of all the cabin noise is so loud i have to put the music up full vol jus to drown out the noise...thank gosh for the 8-way speakers eh.......

any1 else experience similar problems

jus bought a black lexus IS200 Sport bout a month ago, a beauty looks stunning and some great features....except when i drive on th motorway.  speed and power aint too bad...already got 6pts and two £60 fines....but i find it a little lightweight and the steering a little loose too.....worst of all the cabin noise is so loud i have to put the music up full vol jus to drown out the noise...thank gosh for the 8-way speakers eh.......

no, but all i can hear is my custom exhaust system and thats not load enough to make me turn the stereo right up!!

Can't say I have the same problems. I got the IS200 new last March, changing from an Audi A6 which was superb on the motorway. Steering on the IS should stiffen at speed (power steering feature) and my cabin is very hushed. Might want to check window seals, tyres etc.

Only thing I wish for is a slightly taller 6th gear for better motorway economy and lower reves at the legal limit (and slightly above!!) :whistling:

IS200 autos seem a bit better geared for the motorway. IS 300 drivers will have no such issues - better engine all round I reckon.

jus bought a black lexus IS200 Sport bout a month ago, a beauty looks stunning and some great features....except when i drive on th motorway.  speed and power aint too bad...already got 6pts and two £60 fines....but i find it a little lightweight and the steering a little loose too.....worst of all the cabin noise is so loud i have to put the music up full vol jus to drown out the noise...thank gosh for the 8-way speakers eh.......

U might wanna check ur tires pressure. Does ur IS have the stock bridgestones? or fitted with somethin else? When I got my car, i noticed it was a bit noisy and loose on bumps .... turns out my tires were a bit underinflated. 33psi is the best (personal opinion).

I often drive with my sunroof open on the highway and it still seems ok (less noisy than my audi TT coupe)

The noise is one of Lexus's biggest faults. Having spoke to other types of drivers who drive Mercs etc said that the noise put them off buying the car.

I do think that the IS is quite noisey. Even at cruising speeds like 80mph, you can hear the wind against the door cills etc.

Can't say however mines that bad I have to put the music on full ball!! :P

The noise is one of Lexus's biggest faults. Having spoke to other types of drivers who drive Mercs etc said that the noise put them off buying the car.

I do think that the IS is quite noisey. Even at cruising speeds like 80mph, you can hear the wind against the door cills etc.

Can't say however mines that bad I have to put the music on full ball!!  :P

its the tyres.

the standard bridgestones are quite noisy - not that refined at all.

I swapped to Toyo Proxes, and they were substantially quieter.

Can't say however mines that bad I have to put the music on full ball!!  :P

its the tyres.

the standard bridgestones are quite noisy - not that refined at all.

I swapped to Toyo Proxes, and they were substantially quieter.

I concur its the tyres that are the biggest cause.

When I first got the car it was on standard Bridgestones and they were noisy as hell. When I recently changed over to Goodyear Eagle F1's the car was much quieter.

I agree for a car of its class it is relatively noisy - but its not that bad. Try some silicone spray on the window seals.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links