Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Speaker Covers?

Hi,

Had a search of the forum, but couldn't find anything. So looking for a little advice

I always drive with my sound on full and over the time the screws that hold the speakers are coming loose (i can turn them around from under the boot), but i need to tighten them up..

How do i get the covers off the tops of the speakers to gain access to the screws?

(Yes i know its a simple question) but i thought i'll ask before bending them and watching them going snap :hehe:

Thanks inadvance.Dude

Hi,

Had a search of the forum, but couldn't find anything. So looking for a little advice

I always drive with my sound on full and over the time the screws that hold the speakers are coming loose (i can turn them around from under the boot), but i need to tighten them up..

How do i get the covers off the tops of the speakers to gain access to the screws?

(Yes i know its a simple question) but i thought i'll ask before bending them and watching them going snap  :hehe:

Thanks inadvance.Dude

Just out of curiousity :offtopic: where do you live? It wouldnt be Selby area by any chance would it?

You cant get the mesh off, it is attached to the rear shelf. Taking the rear shelf out is dead easy though.

1.) remove back seats (bottom part just pulls off, back part is held in with 4 bolts and clips in at the top. push upwards to disconnect clips)

2.) remove c-pillar covers (these just pull off)

3.) gently pull shelf upwards (there is one push in clip in the centre)

You should now be able to slide the shelf out of the way to hoover your cones.

have fun!!!!

• 8 months later...
You cant get the mesh off, it is attached to the rear shelf. Taking the rear shelf out is dead easy though.

1.) remove back seats (bottom part just pulls off, back part is held in with 4 bolts and clips in at the top. push upwards to disconnect clips)

2.) remove c-pillar covers (these just pull off)

3.) gently pull shelf upwards (there is one push in clip in the centre)

You should now be able to slide the shelf out of the way to hoover your cones.

have fun!!!!

Sorry about this, I am new and rubbish when it comes to trying to fix my car, only had my IS200 Sport a month and blew one of the shelf speakers already. Was lucky enough to get a new speaker from the breakers yard for £10 (nice) but I'm really struggling trying to get the back seats out to fit it!!

1) When you say bottom part pulls of do you mean just pull it as hard as possible and it'll come off without breaking anything? By bottom part do you mean the bit you sit on or the bottom of the back part??

2) What/Where are c-pillar covers?

Please somebody help me, really wanna do this myself but without :tsktsk: up my seats!

yea, just put your hand under the front part of the seat but on the corner and pull upwards - do this for both sides, should come up no problems. Don't think you can break anything

oh and as for c-pillar covers.. um how else can this be put? the pillar next to the rear screen? Fabric covered pillar covers, should all be fairly obvious once you get started

Haha Hate it when people say that, makes me look even stupider :crybaby:

Problem was I'm being overly cautious not to rip/break the seats.

I coulnd't seem to pull the back seats out from the bottom they felt like they were going to snap. So I went to the book and removed the black cover that is on the back seats and tried to get the 4 bolts undone but there was 6 little bolts so I was not sure I was undoing the right thing, this is where I gave up, was I on the right lines then????

yea the seats do feel like they may snap or something but they wont, seriously once you get the base of the seat out it's easy, I dont see how you can possibly do it without removing the seats so whatever little bolts you may undo won't really help at this stage.

not really sure what black cover you are talking about unless you mean the ski hatch? or the actual speaker cover?

OK I'll have another go, so when you say the base of the seat you mean the bottom bit i.e. the bit you sit on not the back of the seat you lean back on?

If this just pulls off what is connecting it to the car, how will I get it back on afterwards? Don't want it to keep coming off if its not screwed down??

Sorry for all the stupid questions, just really worried I'm gonna mess my car up as I havn't had it long :blush:

And the plastic cover I was talking about was in the boot, there is a black plasticy cover covering the back of the seats that was connected by 4 black plastic screw plugs, I popped these out and pulled the black plastic cover forward to reveal loads of bolts behind it, is this what I need to undo to release the back of the seats??

Get your hands under the front of the seat base (the bit you sit on) and give it a sharp tug upwards, do this on both sides. It just clips there are no bolts holding it, then slide it forwards.

When the base is out you will see wire loops coming down from the seat back, take them out and lift the seat back up, it hooks on at the top.

The bolts you are taking out are nothing to do with holding the seat in place.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links