Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dangers Of Not Wearing Your Seat Belt

ifraz

These are our local ADs (Northern Ireland) They do some really hard hitting ones.

Others have shown a toddler getting flattened by a car that came rolling through the garden fence.

A boy racer with his mate and 2 girls speeding on country roads and coming round a bend to meet a tractor.

The RTA death rate of under 25s in NI is very high, so they have a whole campaign aimed at young male drivers.

This is a screen shot of the drink driving one._1046629_crashadvert_300.jpg

You can imagine what happens next.

The RTA death rate of under 25s in NI is very high, so they have a whole campaign aimed at young male drivers.

How long has this new campaign been running?

Have the adverts helped? Have the RTAs reduced?

That 'new' campaign with the seat belt is from 2002, and to be honest I don't think it hits home with the right people.

A couple of years ago I went to a road safety night, where police, fire and ambulance men did a role play of a RTA, then a guy paralysed from the neck down came up and told his story - all pretty hard hitting stuff. To my disgust, after the show, I seen a couple of boy racers who had attended racing up the dual carrigeway past me.

2002 and 2003 both seen 150 deaths each, 2004 seen a slight reduction to 148 - not really a huge drop.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links