Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Signatures; Images/text

MrADeveci

As some of you may be aware, there is now a revised edition of 'Terms & Conditions' in force, these can be found here :

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?act=boardrules

Can I bring your attention to the section that reads:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signatures

Signatures must be kept to a maximum of 6 (six) lines, and may contain no more than 3 (three) images.

Images must not be larger than the following dimensions

- 468 pixels in width

- 60 pixels in height

Signatures may be edited or deleted without notice by a member of the moderation team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I there for ask that ALL members comply with the above, by 14th April 2005, any signatures not complying with the above by this date will be removed by a member of the Moderating Team.

I have added a few "blank banner templates" at the bottom of this thread, to make life a bit easier for you to manage the size of your images.

If you are having difficulties re-sizing your images to (468*60) then please email your over sized banner to scarface AT metserve DOT com and I will resize it for you.

Blank banner template : *.psd format

Blank banner template : *.jpg format

Blank banner template example :

banner_template.jpg

Your understanding in the new signature image requirements is appreciated.

ScarFace

Moderating Team

Edited by ScarFace

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had a go with the photoshop template.... is it OK ? (the signature that is...)

Very nice photoshop work mate! glad the templates have come to some use ;)

Cheers mate... thats the first photoshop sig I have done, they've usualy been MSPaint before :)

Guys, time for one of my stupid questions again....

I guess one of the reasons for this is that it will reduce the size of a page that is loaded?

If you are making these changes would it not also make sense to introduce a limit on the byte size of the image as well?

That's probably the major bugbear for users on dial up?

Or are these changes being introduced for other reasons?

Guys, time for one of my stupid questions again....

I guess one of the reasons for this is that it will reduce the size of a page that is loaded?

If you are making these changes would it not also make sense to introduce a limit on the byte size of the image as well?

That's probably the major bugbear for users on dial up?

Or are these changes being introduced for other reasons?

Hi mate - if you limit the dimensions (in pixels) of an image then you're by definition limiting the byte size.

Only if it's an uncompressed bitmap mate, what I mean is that why don't you introduce a limit say of 25kb per signature while you're at it?

Just thinking that it could help the dial up users if JPEG compression was more heavily used?

Only if it's an uncompressed bitmap mate, what I mean is that why don't you introduce a limit say of 25kb per signature while you're at it?

Just thinking that it could help the dial up users if JPEG compression was more heavily used?

image size is not the main priority mate.

once a sig has been viewed, the image will be cached, so bandwidth / connection speed is removed from the equation.

However, huge sigs - such as those that stretch the table size so you have to scroll sideways to read a post, or very tall images can cause the user to spend more time scrolling past sigs than reading actual content.

well i changed mine after just seeing this!

pony amount of space realy but if its gotta be its gotta be

but have you noticed that now with small posts that there is still lots of space under the writing as the info contained under the avitar makes the post a min size?

does this not defeat the object of a making them so so so tiny?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links