Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav Laser Sourcing

Has anybody managed to get a solution to the Navigator Laser Errors that seem to crop up after about 3 years. I think this must be a major design flaw and Lexus should surely look to making the fault fixing more reasonable or even free??

Mine's just gone on my 1990 IS 200 SE, and I am right peed off!!! :angry:

Strip your unit down and take a look at the Laser, you may find its a common one that can be got from places such as www.cpc.co.uk

they stock many different laser heads for hifi's etc

Is it a standard PC or laptop DVD or CD drive?

DVD-ROM.jpgTEAC24XSLIM.JPG

no it isn't. It has a custom interface and nobody has been able to source a laser unit either.

I've looked at one unit before and couldn't find anything wrong. I did increase the gain from the laser a little bit just in case it has lost a bit with old age. Fault turned out to be the disc in the end.

Strip your unit down and take a look at the Laser, you may find its a common one that can be got from places such as www.cpc.co.uk

they stock many different laser heads for hifi's etc

Problem being, theres no markings on the laser or board.

3 Different companies havent been able to trace a laser for it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

hello people

i had the same problem on my gs300, the cd was not being read nd the same error message was showing, Colin had a look at it and all was fien.

I spoke to lexus Stockport, who confidently advised that its the CD, they got a new cd in, put it into the reader, it updated the programming and hey presto all was and still is working.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links