Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Lx450

Niraj

Okay, i dont know a huge amount about the Lexus range, but yesterday while i was down my local fish n chip shop. I saw a huge monster drive past.

When i looked at the badge it was that lovely circledL we all know and love. Yes it was a Lexus. I looked at the rear to catch the model, and on the boot door handle it said LX450. :blink:

First time i've seen one of them. It was HUUUUGE. Probably not as big as the latest Toyota Landcruisers, but for definate it had a bit of Lexus style to it.

It was two japanese men, wearing suits looking a little lost in my area.

Anyway, just thought i'd mention it, and see what you people know about this UCO (unidentified cruising object). :lol:

it looked exactly like the LX450 on the American site, so it was definately a Lexus.

At least now we know that there is one around, we can all keep our eyes open for another, or the same... if you're just too lazy to find your own ones... LOL :P :lol:

Im not likely to see the same one mind, im in the Midlands so its a few mins away from the capital!! :P :P

As a Lexus fan though mate, you will find that without you even knowing you'll notice more Lexus's on the road. Quite scary really!! :lol:

yup, that very same one, in that exact matching paint.

all it needs is a british registered plate, and it would feel like "de ja vous" aside from the snow covered mountain in the background :lol:

Probably not as big as the latest Toyota Landcruisers,

it probably was - as the LX is based on the Land Cruiser.

It's the Lexus "version" of the Land Cruiser Prado - a "proper" off road vehicle.

Think it's based on the amazon Matt. I drive a Prado in Nigeria and it ain't anwhere near as big as the LX450

• 6 months later...

I have a 1996 Lexus LX450. When the engine is warmed up, the idle goes up around 1500rpms (normal 750-800rpms). Also when the gear is in Drive but I am not driving just standing, the engine shifts a little at times. When the engine is cold, the rpms are normal, but the arrow moves up and down quickly (not completely down). The check engine light does not come on so I can't figure out what is it caused by.

• 1 year later...

RHD LX470s are available in the land down under for $123,000 (that's about £49,400) - there's a link to the Oz Lexus site here!

For comparison, the SC430 (the only one on the site that's easily compared to the UK ones as all the other ones have different spec levels) is $161,600 (just under £65,000) over there, £54,778 over here - and we thought we were getting ripped off! :o

(further comparison, the SC in the USA is $66,170 or £33,912, the LX470 with all the toys will set you back $75,513 or $38,700).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links