Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Driving with one hand .......

mudzs

Where do you stick yours?

on the floor next to the brake pedal .

i was gonna ask a simaler question ,how many auto drivers drive with one hand cause i do it all the time ,so can i be nicked for this and if not why cant i hold a mobile phone to m ear with the free hand :D .

In order to be in proper control of your vehicle, you need to hold your steering wheel wth two hands.

Driving with one hand, holding a phone or picking your nose is an offence of "driver not in proper control of vehicle"

So don't pick your nose :D

but i can pick my nose quicker than i can change stations on the radio is this an offence as well ,my point is there are many things you dont have to do in a car that involve taking a hand of the wheel (changing gear being one off them)so why the big deal about holding a phone because i feel that the real problem is the concentration or lack of it that is involved to make the call is the real problem and not the holding of the phone .

but i can pick my nose quicker than i can change stations on the radio is this an offence as well ,my point is there are many things you dont have to do in a car that involve taking a hand of the wheel (changing gear being one off them)so why the big deal about holding a phone because i feel that the real problem is the concentration or lack of it that is involved to make the call is the real problem and not the holding of the phone .

You're concentrating on the conversation instead of the road.

Not sure of the difference between that and chatting to someone sitting on the back seat, mind. Perhaps it's down to voice clarity, I don't know.

It is to do with holding the phone .......... you can't possibly go round a roundabout ...... indicate ...... change gear ........... steer ...... and hold a phone at the same time.

Thats just one example .........

It is to do with holding the phone .......... you can't possibly go round a roundabout ...... indicate ...... change gear ........... steer ......  and hold a phone at the same time.

Hold phone, turn on speaker phone function, go round roundabout, indicate, change gear, steer ;) :P

Or as I have seen it done, the jamming of the phone between the sholder and neck seems to work, though I would think the size of some of the new phones makes this a little hard to do these days :)

It is to do with holding the phone .......... you can't possibly go round a roundabout ...... indicate ...... change gear ........... steer ......  and hold a phone at the same time.

Im sure you can do that in an Auto

Im sure you can do that in an Auto

Ok .... add the rain wipers ....... then havinh to wave a courtesy thanks to someone giving you way ....... can you still do it ? NO! :D

Unfortunatley mate, I really can't answer anyone's questions ......... I just get given the law, and have to enforce it :blush:

A bit like the Ts & Cs here .... someone tells me, and I do it :D

:D

and what about people who only have one hand or one that dont work at all ,how come they can still drive (not that i have anything against one handed people :)  )

Good question, one which I can answer as I’m an ex mobility instructor (ADI) driver's with a disability can have their vehicle modified in such away that assist them to driver a motor vehicle safely. i.e. a person who only has one arm or who has suffered a stroke and has lost the use of an arm or leg. Then adaptations like a steering knob or an accelerator can be move from the right hand side to the left hand side of the brake pedal. (Automatic cars only) I had an automatic car that you could drive without using your feet. :lol:

can we report police who drive while on their mobile phone?

i hope so as see them all time driving round with phone in hand texting, or talking

yes it is totally unacceptable that police officers break the law. it does not instill public confidence.

ps lexus boy i know you and your motor so if you grass me up i'll be watching you matey :lol:

yes it is totally unacceptable that police officers break the law. it does not instill public confidence.

ps lexus boy i know you and your motor so if you grass me up i'll be watching you matey :lol:

I must say ......... one thing i DO NOT do, is set a bad example in marked police cars ....... phones, one hand, parking on double yellows ....... dodgy u-turns .... the lsit is forever going ......... I know of people that do it, and is p's me off!

Maybe I'm a rat in the making ......... lol

I must say ......... one thing i DO NOT do, is set a bad example in marked police cars ....... phones, one hand, parking on double yellows ....... dodgy u-turns .... the lsit is forever going ......... I know of people that do it, and is p's me off!

Maybe I'm a rat in the making ......... lol

:ph34r:

I have never seen cops on the phone, if so, then yes they equally commit the offence. The days of being on the radio and driving are gone as cars are now fitted with a button on the steering column to activate the radio remotely.

On the issue of mobile phone use.

The reason the new law was brought in, in relation to phones, is that the original offence of careless driving/not being in proper control was difficult to prove with the onus on the prosecution to prove carelessness etc. Now, that is no longer the case.

What annoys me is people, generally women it has to be said, that SMOKE whilst driving. This is even worse than making a call, especially if you drop the ciggie, whilst going round a roundabout etc etc.

can we report police who drive while on their mobile phone?

i hope so as see them all time driving round with phone in hand texting, or talking

will be keeping well hidden, you wont recognise car soon though :whistling:

I have never seen cops on the phone, if so, then yes they equally commit the offence. The days of being on the radio and driving are gone as cars are now fitted with a button on the steering column to activate the radio remotely.

I was watching Tv,think it was bbc1 a few nights back,a program about the police and drug dealers etc..

The officers were on there way to someones house.

The Tv viewer was watching from a onboard camera that was fitted looking at the officer from the dash

:o Couldnt believe it when he took both hands off the wheel at the same time to put his rubber gloves on :D

I think we may all have done it,but not with a camera filming you :driving:

:o Couldnt believe it when he took both hands off the wheel at the same time to put his rubber gloves on :D

I think we may all have done it,but not with a camera filming you :driving:

I've never had any need to put any rubber gloves on in my car, but if I did, I would probably stop first! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links