Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving When Stoned

lexus boy

Just wnat peoples opinion on this

In my opinion if should be an instant ban for at least 3 years and one huge fine!

It shows a total disregard to the safety of other road users

I say this as was a big crash in york, and autopsy showed high levels of canbis in system, but papers nto allowed to print this for thoughts of relatives.

I find this utterly disgraceful, i dont believe onyl nice things should be said about people who blatently are slefish drivers and caused harm, and death of other road users due to them being stoned.

Totally agree mate.

Law already covers this as you can be charged with "driving whilst un-fit due to drink or drugs". Problem is proving the drugs bit, I believe that people are working on a road side test that can be done.

Scarface will probably be along and give us more info than I know

Driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs holds a minimum compulsory 12 month ban.

The drugs are tested back at the station with a urine or blood sample.

It is sent off to the LAB for exact figures, and driver is bailed to re-attend the police station, then gets charged to goto court.

The magistrate can not offer anything LESS than a 12 month ban.

i wasnt breathalised after my crash the other afternoon and neither was the other driver, police were on the scene in minutes.

cannabis can stay in your system for ages and will show up in a test for up to a month after usage.

There is no facility for roadside testing for drugs ubder the current legislation. I think (?) that it may have been included in the new Road Safety Act that didn't have time to go through parliament.

But I think we can expect it very soon.

The technology to perform roadside drug testing already exists, it just needs the legal seal of approval.

and here i come to get my asss flamed...

i smoked pot for 10 years uptill 3 years ago, then started again on new years up untill tuesday just gone.

for me there are differing levels of stoned, and personally i found i took my time when driving after having smnoked enough to make me think ive smoked enough. i certainly drove more slowly and in my opnion that was a safe bet than how i drive normally.

Heres a question,, how many of you drive after having 1 PINT.......thought so........kettle and black spring to mind.....alcohol is THE worst drug out there....statistics will back me up......NEXT..

i agree with fargo on that one, people can compare alcohol levels and drink driving etc cos everyone knows how they feel after a pint. not everyone knows how they feel when theyre stoned cos they dont do it.

alcohol is certainly far more damaging in relation to driving than what weed is.

ok...i do up to half a pint, no more.

so does that equate to one drag of a joint, of what strength?

as no ruling bodies over strength of cannabis you cant state how much u can have in sytem.

you drove more slowly and carefully, this is what a drunk driver would say too.

its slows your reactions down..simple....what happened if a child ran infront of u, your reaction time is a lot longer for brain to tell muscles, due to the lack of synaps passing through connections.

i agree with fargo on that one, people can compare alcohol levels and drink driving etc cos everyone knows how they feel after a pint. not everyone knows how they feel when theyre stoned cos they dont do it.

alcohol is certainly far more damaging in relation to driving than what weed is.

and yet it is more socially accepted to haev a pint then drive your family home.....

and here i come to get my asss flamed...

i smoked pot for 10 years uptill 3 years ago, then started again on new years up untill tuesday just gone.

for me there are differing levels of stoned, and personally i found i took my time when driving after having smnoked enough to make me think ive smoked enough. i certainly drove more slowly and in my opnion that was a safe bet than how i drive normally.

Heres a question,, how many of you drive after having 1 PINT.......thought so........kettle and black spring to mind.....alcohol is THE worst drug out there....statistics will back me up......NEXT..

Fact is that driving with ANY amount of drink or drugs in your system affects you ability to drive. Also affects your judgment on if you are fit to drive. So if you smoke up, drink or whatever don't get behind the wheel of a car far less ride a motorbike.

my feeling is you shouldent drink at all if you are going to drive .know were you are coming from fargo but some people would totaly abuse the system if they were able to decide themselves how much was a safe limit

as no ruling bodies over strength of cannabis you cant state how much u can have in sytem.

its slows your reactions down..simple....what happened if a child ran infront of u, your reaction time is a lot longer for brain to tell muscles, due to the lack of synaps passing through connections.

the strength of the joint question cant be answered cos it would also depend on what type of weed/resin/whatever you were smoking. a similar question can be asked in relation to half a pint too, stella? fosters etc they all have different strengths, a pint of stella can make me feel very giddy after a long day without much to eat!

its legal in amsterdam and they dont have a high crash rate cos everyones driving round stoned.

its legal in amsterdam and they dont have a high crash rate cos everyones driving round stoned.

Dope in The Netherlands is not legal, it is decriminalised, i.e. amounts that can be considered as personal use only are not persued through law.

The Dutch also have an excellent public transport system, cheap, reliable and covers most of the country.

a similar question can be asked in relation to half a pint too, stella? fosters etc they all have different strengths, a pint of stella can make me feel very giddy after a long day without much to eat!

Easy that one mulitply the ABV by the Volume in mL and divide by 1000 = Units

1 Pint of Stella 568mL x 5 / 1000 = 2.84 units

[Fact is that driving with ANY amount of drink or drugs in your system affects you ability to drive. Also affects your judgment on if you are fit to drive. So if you smoke up, drink or whatever don't get behind the wheel of a car far less ride a motorbike.

my feeling is you shouldent drink at all if you are going to drive .know were you are coming from fargo but some people would totaly abuse the system if they were able to decide themselves how much was a safe limit

I totally agree with you..

you shouldnt drive even if have ANY amount fo drink or drugs...

There really isn't a "2 pints and your ok" saga ...........

Everyone is different, and alcohol effects people in different ways.

The simple answer is ............ if your going out, and you are going to drink

DONT DRIVE.

Simple enough ? :D

There really isn't a "2 pints and your ok" saga ...........

Everyone is different, and alcohol effects people in different ways.

The simple answer is ............ if your going out, and you are going to drink

DONT DRIVE.

Simple enough ?  :D

exatamondo..

for the record i dont drink lager or beer, only spirits so its a little harder to just have one and be ok,, so i dont bother..

the strength of the joint question cant be answered cos it would also depend on what type of weed/resin/whatever you were smoking. a similar question can be asked in relation to half a pint too, stella? fosters etc they all have different strengths, a pint of stella can make me feel very giddy after a long day without much to eat!

Hm , not sure about that. Got quite a lot of dutch friends and none of them smoke. It seems that most of the smokers in Amsterdam are foreigners. Dutch consumption of canabis is actually falling. I would guess most of the drivers in amsterdam don't smoke. I might be completley wrong though! :mat:

I never have driven while drunk or over the limit. However I play a lot computer games whilst under the influence of hops. My reactions are definatley slowed and my judgment is impaired. Sometimes you'll do a lap in gran turismo 15 times and can't beat a certain time. Wake up next day sober , do it first time.

You don't even realise your reactions are slowed, but they are. :blink:

Any amount of alcohol affects you ability to judge speed and slows your reactions so you may be legal to drive but that one pint you had may result in going a little too fast, slow you reactions in braking and could be the difference between stopping in time and knocking that little kid down. Could you live with that :crybaby:

DON'T DO IT (not shouting honest)

Dope in The Netherlands is not legal, it is decriminalised, i.e. amounts that can be considered as personal use only are not persued through law.

The Dutch also have an excellent public transport system, cheap, reliable and covers most of the country.

yep thats completely true............

Hm , not sure about that. Got quite a lot of dutch friends and none of them smoke. It seems that most of the smokers in Amsterdam are foreigners. Dutch consumption of canabis is actually falling. I would guess most of the drivers in amsterdam don't smoke. I might be completley wrong though! lamo.gif

I lived in Holland for 3.5 years mostly Amsterdam but also Haarlem, its is true that Canabis is decriminalised,But still classed as illegal, its amazing how many people go to Holland and asume its all perfectly OK, but as you say the consumption rate is falling.....not with my Friends mind.... :blink:

ok, so its not legal its decriminalised, may as well be the same thing, i've been there a few times, i have friends there and my mates wife is from there.

i say it may as well be legal because the place stinks of weed and most cafe bars you go in can offer you the biggest widest selection of drugs possible.

i do agree tho, if your gonna do anything that is gonna affect your driving then DONT DRIVE and i think we all know that.

i do think cannabis gets a very negative approach from people who have not experienced it or know much about it at.

i have a friend who after an afternoon in a starbucks comes out like a looney high on caffeine, now he defo shouldnt drive in that state and that is perfectly legal!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links