Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plasma Television

I'm going to buy a 37" plasma telly - has anyone got any recommendations?? - please only reply if you've actually got one

lol don't have one myself but my mate has a daewoo one and spent many an evening round there watching the football or films the one he has looks ok and it doesn't look grainy even when things are blown up digitally someone else i know has a sony 37" one he swears by as it has a card reader in the side so u can view pics i personally was looking at the samsung ones they have a good resolution and aren't incredibly expensive

My dilemma now is coilovers or 42" of viewing pleasure :D

I've got a 42" LG. It's on the wall above the fireplace, although it came with a stand in case you wanted it on a table or on the floor.

The picture quality is very good although for about a grand more i'd have to recommend the Panasonic Viera as the picture quality on them is excellent.

I paid £1500 for mine and £100 to get it professionally installed.

(Well worth the money)

I personally think they are good as far as as pose and picture size goes but a good CRT TV is still sharper in my opinion.

I reckon in terms of picture quality, CRT still wins the game. I just don't have the space for a 36" CRT at >90 Kg.

Thereafter:

<32" LCD

>32" Plasma

its personal choice though at the end of the day.........as i said i studied the options for a long time.even looking at rear projection.

i was disapointed with Plasma.and went with LCD.

the prices on Plasma have come down a long long way.....

if you can afford an LCD get that....

i ummed and arred for a while over quality, and the LCD just seems to have the edge.......and doesnt require servicing like Plasma

LCD over 32" is very rare and massively expensive though mate. I already have a 100Hz Wega 32" CRT that I've gotta out because of it's depth, so I'm thinking if I have to go flat, it'd be better to get something a little larger. I'm quite keen to get a TV that is HDTV ready if poss too, as Sky will start transmitting in 2006.

i ummed and arred for a while over quality, and the LCD just seems to have the edge.......and doesnt require servicing like Plasma

LCD over 32" is very rare and massively expensive though mate. I already have a 100Hz Wega 32" CRT that I've gotta out because of it's depth, so I'm thinking if I have to go flat, it'd be better to get something a little larger. I'm quite keen to get a TV that is HDTV ready if poss too, as Sky will start transmitting in 2006.

my brother has just changed from plasma to lcd and you can defo see the difference. depends on your budget rod but if you can afford the extra i would highly recommend lcd over plasma. have a look at this one

I'm going to buy a 37" plasma telly - has anyone got any recommendations?? - please only reply if you've actually got one

Pioneer are the best quality. Am buying one in September (50") but used to have a freind who worked for Pioneer. Some quality displays.

You have to get one capable of Hi definition and XGA though. You'll kick yourself if you don't.

Justin

But have higher pixel drop out rate....

lol don't have one myself but my mate has a daewoo one and spent many an evening round there watching the football or films the one he has looks ok and it doesn't look grainy even when things are blown up digitally

Be wary of the Daewoo ones, there are two types of Panels that have been used to build them - More recently they have been using the LG panel, which is great, but the previous one was quite poor.

BTW, I'm a product engineer for Daewoo.

Pioneer probably make the best PDP out there - the price reflects that.

LG are pretty good and I like Samsung.

The problem with Plasmas, is each one has to have a number of voltages adjusted as part of the final build - by a person - so two identical models can have noticable differences in picture quality. If you can see it working before you buy it then you know you'll be happy with it.

Don't let them demonstrate it with cartoons either - cartoons look great because there is big blocks of colour - which is easy for the micro to process - bring your own disc with some bright fast moving scenes and skin tones.

The pioneer plasmas are HDTV ready, but don't come in a 37"

Thats an urban legend mate, with normal use a modern generation Plasma should last 10 years at least, they don't need "charging" either.

But have higher pixel drop out rate....

not had any probs with mine in 12 months...........

the pixel problem is if you dont switch them on enough.......and if they do drop out, you leave the set on and it sorts the problem, it only becomes an issue when a cluster of pixels drop out

well urban legend or not, its what i was told when i was looking.by the salesman i have an LCD and im happy

im not trying to get into a tit for tat.im was giving an option!

well urban legend or not, its what i was told when i was looking.by the salesman

Yeah me too, maybe it was the same bloke. Was he trying to sell you an LCD TV at the time? :)

nope i was looking at speakers for the computer........ :D

my brother has just changed from plasma to lcd and you can defo see the difference. depends on your budget rod but if you can afford the extra i would highly recommend lcd over plasma. have a look at this one

That's only 32" though mate - I really want 37". Reading "What Plasma" mag (like you do) - says that LCD and Plasma both have their pros and cons - better black definition and less motion blur on plasma apparently. In any case, I need 37" so pretty much gotta be plasma.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links