Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paintwork

has anybody used on their car, how good is it .i want to take out minor scratches(around door handles).also stone chipped bonnet any suggestions!!! :angry:

I've used Farcela G3 and found it great for removing swirl marks, light scratches, haze etc. But i would think you would need to be careful with it as it could remove the paint because it is abrasive.

Don't think it will help your stone chips as the paint is already 'gone' from that part although I suppose you could use it to rub down the chip after you have touched it up with a few layers of touch up paint.

On another note, I've just used the Meguiars 3 stage Deep Crystal treatment on my car and the results were excellent. It would probably be ever better on a darker coloured car than mine. The 1st stage removes light scratches, swirls etc., the 2nd is a polish and the 3rd is a wax. Meguiars also have a product called Scratch X which can be used for harder to remove scratches. Halfords have started stocking Meguiars. I got mine from www.speeding.co.uk

Hope that helps

Gavin

have you already bought the 3M product?

If not - I would recommend starting with the least abrasive product you can - and work upwards.

try starting with Meguiars Scratch X - which is not very abrasive.

I am currently putting together a portal of car care articles, and repairing paint scratches and chips is one of those articles.

Can you wait a week (at most) for this to be launched?

have you already bought the 3M product?

If not - I would recommend starting with the least abrasive product you can - and work upwards.

try starting with Meguiars Scratch X - which is not very abrasive.

I am currently putting together a portal of car care articles, and repairing paint scratches and chips is one of those articles.

Can you wait a week (at most) for this to be launched?

got the product free from work.will wait and check out your portal :)

I always use the original touch up paint from Lexus then use Farcella to cut the over paint off then i use a STD Car Polish to Buff up

Always works for me and looks good and as you are only filling small scratches it works very well

and *** does the scratches show on the Granite Sky Paint work

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links