Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F****** Bmw Drivers - Need Wing Mirror Cover

I've only had my IS200 about 3 weeks and already some dozy BMW drivers clipped my drivers side wing mirror this evening as i was driving home. Thankfully all the electric bits still work, but the wing mirror cover fell off.

Any idea how much a new one will cost. I was planning to join up as a gold member anyway, but tonights episode just hurried the whole process along.

Also, any thoughts of how risky it is to drive around without the cover on the wing mirror for a few days. Anyone done it, or are the electrics likely to get damaged?

I've only had my IS200 about 3 weeks and already some dozy BMW drivers clipped my drivers side wing mirror this evening as i was driving home. Thankfully all the electric bits still work, but the wing mirror cover fell off.

Any idea how much a new one will cost. I was planning to join up as a gold member anyway, but tonights episode just hurried the whole process along.

Also, any thoughts of how risky it is to drive around without the cover on the wing mirror for a few days. Anyone done it, or are the electrics likely to get damaged?

see the pro lex peeps and get some carbon fibre ones :D

Ideally, i just want a single replacement for mine. Don't really want to have to buy a pair or faf around wiring in indicators. Guess I'll just call the dealer tomorrow and see what the damage is.

There is no real risk to the electrics - most mirrors get soaked in there when the car is getting washed.

Chris Shipley can sort you out with a mirror back for less that £20 - just tell him your paint code.

My local dealer told me that I had to buy a whole new mirror assembly (the cover was not available as a aeperate item) so just be aware of that.

.....My local dealer told me that I had to buy a whole new mirror assembly (the cover was not available as a aeperate item) so just be aware of that.

Strange as I just spoke to Lexus Croydon. They're saying £25+VAT for a cover. They might even have it by Saturday which is good because I don't particularly want to drive the car around without it. I did PM Chris, but I haven't had a reply yet and I'm in a bit of a hurry so I've decided to pay a little extra for the dealer to supply the part.

I'm not overly keen on the prolex wing mirror indicators. Not just based on looks either. I had a Golf with wing mirror indicators for a few weeks and I found them somewhat distracting while driving. I might have considered plain carbon fibre ones, but the OEM replacements will do for now.

Don't really want to start down the long slippery path of upgrades because once I start, I just know it'll all end badly with me having to explain to the missus why we can't go on holiday this year :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links