Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Hate Supermarket Car Parks

well i have had my is200 for 3 months and was having a great time, until this morning, pulling into a car parking space between 2 cars when the woman in the car on the left decided to open her door without looking :crybaby:

would put up a picture of the damage but i don't know how to needless to say the part of the front wing under the headlight is now pointing away from the car.

just hoping that she takes responsibility for it coz if she doesn't i can't afford to insure my lex anymore and it will be back to a rubbish car, I assume it is her fault seen as though she opened her car door into the side of my car, any advice on this would be much appreciated!!

Me too today :(

Parked up at Merry Hill shopping centre. parked away from any cars. I was in Comet 10 minutes, came out and a car either side. Both with young mothers and push chairs. I was speaking to them but didn't realise until I moved to next parking spot and got out that the one had already opened her door onto my driverside rear door. Vertical deep scratch and scratch on the bit that stops scratches when you open door yourself.

Really annoyed :(

Unfortunately, it might be both parties who are responsible if your car was in motion.

I always park away from other cars with the mirrors folded.

Unfortunately, this often attracts white van man who parks next to it on purpose. Luckily, potatoes are cheap especially as white van exhausts are so small (and that's if I'm in a good mood).

i usually try to park away from everyone else but there were no spaces, part of me is wishing i had kept on truckin' and taken her door completely off, anyway its over to the insurance company, hopefully she will admit responsibility

One of my pet hates :angry: people not taking care of others property.

I park well away from the entrance and take up 2 spaces, park on the p1ss what ever it takes in supermarkets, retail parks can be a bit more tricky

As far as I understand it :

If the damage is on your front corner then the insurance co's will argue that you have driven into her, however, if the damage is clearly further back then they will agree that the door was opened into you, after part of your car had already passed.

Bummer :crybaby:

the damage is actually about 3 inches into the wing behind the headlight, like i said i would post a picture but i don't know how too.

Save the pic to your sesktop and when you post a reply theres a box at the bottom under the Post Icons saying Attachments etc.....Click on browse and find the photo. Hope this helps.

I had my Lex about 4 months when in the local supermarket someone decided to run one of the trolleys down the entire length of the offside. When I approached the vehicle there was a woman with her son and a trolley. As furious as I was I had absolutely no proof she or the son had done it. My theory is the lad (just into his teens) lost control of the trolley and couldn't stop it. I desperately wanted to take her to task, but she actually looked pretty gormless so didn't bother. That was some 4 years ago and I haven't bothered to repair it and won't until I sell it.

Like others, I try and park well away from any other vehicle, but am also dumbfounded to find when I return that there is always that sodding Micra parked next to me. Why do people do that, Don't they realise you've parked waaaaay over there for a reason!!!!

My IS300 was just TWO WEEKS OLD when some tw@t put a ding in the door in a supermarket carpark. I was totally gutted so I know how you feel mate - you want to slam their head straight into the nearest plate glass window!!

When I got the Soarer, same thing happened. Guy in a Renault Megane literally slammed his door into mine causing nearly £400 of damage!

Funny thing is, I bought a ropey old '91 Astra off a mate to use if we ever need to park in a supermarket carpark. In the 2yrs I've had it, it hasn't been scratched or dinged once. Go figure.... :duh:

I haven't bothered to repair it and won't until I sell it.

But then you'll have a scratched car and the person you sell it to will have an unscratched one that you paid to have repaired.

Like J Travolta says in Pulp Fiction, "Never f :tsktsk: k with a man's automobile!"

And that includes you, yes you, the mother with the kids that love to boot their doors open into other cars. And yes you the pr**k that drives a pile of poo so who cares if you deflower the virgin paint on someones shiny new lexus!

Sorry cant go on.. getting emotional now..... :tsktsk: ers!!!! :angry:

Like J Travolta says in Pulp Fiction, "Never f :tsktsk: k with a man's automobile!"

And that includes you, yes you, the mother with the kids that love to boot their doors open into other cars.

Oy, don't tar us all with the same brush! :P :D

Didnt mean to offend.

Dont think I was tarring you all with the same brush. Unless you're a mother with kids that like to kick their doors open into people's cars. If you are then I'm off to get the tar now!! :P

Just joshing with you! I don't like parking my car next to any that has kiddy seats wedged in the back! In fact, one of the many benefits of having kids is that you can park in the wider parent and child spaces. Of course, no one without children would consider taking up these spaces.....perhaps that's another thread!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links