Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:D Well I've had it two whole days, covered local driving 85 miles 30.7MPG, can't believe it, just short runs. I brimmed it when I left the showroom and brimmed it again, so that's accurate. Performs like lightning. Best car to date for me. sat nav works great, voice command over-rides the radio, only prob can't download my phone book!!, got a sharp gs30 phone!!:P

Hi John,

Congratulations on the new car :D

It's a great feeling, and another novelty for me is having a car when there are very very few like it on the road.

Have you worked out the sequences for when the blue interior lights work? For example the steering wheel is only lit up after dark on entry and exit.

Re phone: I have an XDA type phone, and this makes a Bluetooth connection, but I also cannot download my phone numbers. I think the trick may be to copy one's favourite 100 numbers to a clean SIM card in a Nokia phone, then download them from that phone. The handbook also states you should have the engine running when transferring. :unsure:

Regards,

Tony

Hi John,

Congratulations on the new car :D

It's a great feeling, and another novelty for me is having a car when there are very very few like it on the road.

Have you worked out the sequences for when the blue interior lights work? For example the steering wheel is only lit up after dark on entry and exit.

Re phone: I have an XDA type phone, and this makes a Bluetooth connection, but I also cannot download my phone numbers. I think the trick may be to copy one's favourite 100 numbers to a clean SIM card in a Nokia phone, then download them from that phone. The handbook also states you should have the engine running when transferring.   :unsure: 

Regards,

Tony

:D Hi Tony, I have a GX30 Sharp Phone it connects within a minute of entering the car, but the data tranfer is infra-red and the car can't pick it up. Lexus Norwich are going to get a phone with the right tranfer software in it and trans all the owners phones (but when!) I will look at nokia phones and see which one can transfer the info and try and borrow it.

The SAT-NAV is great on this car, command works well,when you get to grips with it. I am so ipressed with the economy of this car, fast and cheap to run . I looked at the tyre pressure warning system set-up, you have to run the engine at standstill for some 20 mins!!, that don't sound right,,,,:lol:

Congrats to both of ya, so whos was the FIRST new GS in the club??

I am going to claim it :D

My car was delivered on April 15th, first day.

Re: Photos: I agree with you, but any photos I can take do not match the standards possible by the professionals, and there have been loads of those available on Lexus UK, Lexus Europe, Toyota media website, etc

I have been trying to take some pics of some of the details not shown on those pictures, but these LED interior lights are very difficult. Some only come on when it is dark, and give a diffuse glow. A picture would not be interesting - an example - there is an LED light under the each of front seats lighting the rear passenger footwells. Doesn't make an interesting picture. :)

Another example is that as well as putting on the cabin lights, opening the door [when dark] puts on five lights within the door - a white one pointing down to the floor under the door, a red one for safety [as in the past], a further white one pointing inwards but at the floor, one within the door handle recess, and one shining down from under the external mirror.

I write this as other driving innovations are not noticeable, the car is smooth and quiet, as before, so the many technological improvements that there must be are not obvious to the driver.

In the metal, the car is better loooking than the MkII GS. I was never under the illusion it was a good looking car [i had 2 :) ] . It looks sleeker and lower, but isn't lower. Dimensions are very similar. Probably the best view photographically is from the side as in John's avatar [a professional shot]. Even then, it looks better in the metal, with sunshine :P

All of this is my humble opinion ;)

Regards,

Tony

It looks sleeker and lower, but isn't lower.

isn't it?

it really does look it then :D

have seen 3 in the showroom, and I thought that they all had a really nice ride height - no massive wheel arch gap.

seriously Tone (and John) - post pics.

its practically a rule around here.

First rule of LOC

post the pics.

Second rule of LOC

POST THE PICS :D

Here goes.

I have uploaded these to the Gallery. I have only uploaded small files, 640 by 480 pixels. I have tried to show details, not general views of the car.

As I have uploaded the files to the gallery, I have placed links to the pictures in the gallery.

Cheers,

Tony.

headlight view

headlight washer inserted in chrome headlight surround trim

interior lights 1

interior lights 2

heated seat control

cool seat control

new alloys

tapered rear quarter

:driving:

Congratulations on your new GS's Tony & LexusJohn! I guess you will be having as much fun as we are! The new GS is the best car we've ever owned. We have had our GS430 for a week now and it keeps throwing up little treats and surprises!

On the subject of LED's, my favourite is when you pull up at night switch off the ignition and one LED from above the drivers visor lights up the Lexus badge on your steering wheel! talk about showing off your Logo!

Some pics of our new 430 here:-

http://www.northerntrack.com/GS430.htm

Might take a bit of downloading so stick with it!

GS430 in Athabasca Shale and Ivory Interior. :yahoo:

Congratulations on your new GS's Tony & LexusJohn! I guess you will be having as much fun as we are! The new GS is the best car we've ever owned. We have had our GS430 for a week now and it keeps throwing up little treats and surprises!

On the subject of LED's, my favourite is when you pull up at night switch off the ignition and one led from above the drivers visor lights up the Lexus badge on your steering wheel! talk about showing off your Logo!

Looks lovely mate, gorgeous colour :winky:

How has it been? What things do you like, and what don't you like? Has that flip out panel been a pain? I always fold my mirrors in when I park, so I think the switch being in that panel would drive me nuts, unless it can be programmed to fold the mirrors when you switch the car off?

On the subject of LED's, my favourite is when you pull up at night switch off the ignition and one led from above the drivers visor lights up the Lexus badge on your steering wheel! talk about showing off your Logo!

:D Hi Andy,just got back from a trip to Cromer, 31 MPG/34MPG on the dualcarrageway at 85 indicated. what a car silent head turner, with jet propulsion.

Do I need to join Lexus Gold to up-load pics/attachments? :winky:

Looks lovely mate, gorgeous colour  :winky:

How has it been? What things do you like, and what don't you like? Has that flip out panel been a pain? I always fold my mirrors in when I park, so I think the switch being in that panel would drive me nuts, unless it can be programmed to fold the mirrors when you switch the car off?

Hi! Thanks, colour is great, so pleased we ended up with this one after all the initial dithering!

The drop down box soon becomes second nature so not too much of a pain, don't know if you are able to adjust the settings (dealer adjust?) for auto fold-up though on the mirrors. One thing that is quite neat, if you leave the mirror control switch turned on to either L/R setting, when you engage reverse the mirrors dip down so you can see the kerb!

Great piece of machinery! Just need a few miles on the clock now before we can really open it up :winky:

:D Hi Andy,just got back from a trip to Cromer, 31 MPG/34MPG on the dualcarrageway at 85 indicated. what a car silent head turner, with jet propulsion.

Do I need to join Lexus Gold to up-load pics/attachments? :winky:

Hi John,

So far we've not done any distance trips, all local/urban, the gauge tells us we are getting about 18.5MPG thus far, we'll see what we get once a good trip is made!

Like you we are getting some heads turning and performance for me is certainly up to the job! B)

Not sure over pictures in the forum, I cheated I guess by putting them on my website and just posting the link. Guess I ought to look at the benefits of gold......

lovely cars guys.

some nice shots there Tone - not the sort of ones we've seen before.

the HUGE (L) on the front is not growing on me yet - I thought it might

Think BIG! you know it makes sense! :D Don't leave anyone in front in any doubt about what's creeping up behind............

My average fuel consumption for first 897 miles is 31.6 mpg. Mixed driving, Town, B roads, A roads and Motorway.I am being gentle on the revs until it is run in(GS300 SE).

:) Hi Charley, I am treating my car nicely, the demo however I thrashed and still got 27.7MPG over a two hour period :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links