Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just recieved my ground wire kit for the GS today and was wondering if anyone has got any fitted and if they felt any of the claimed gains that advertise these items (the way i see it i am dubious as to the bhp rise but they will look pretty)

the other thing i have seen is the ground stabilisers again slightly dubious but i noticed that pro lex are selling them and as its a reputable bunch of gentlemen behind prolex i am assuming you have tried one. So do they work as well ?

personally from what ive read, some people have noticed a difference in the auto box shifts being crisper,, but then equally some have noticed jack...

I kind of figured it would be hit and miss not to worry the main concern was a bit of engine dressing anyway

Never seen proven BHP increases using the earthing kits, but I have had them on my old IS and my Tezza, and it stabalises the Battery voltage for sure.

Gives you a better clarity on the audio stuff then ?

Never seen proven BHP increases using the earthing kits, but I have had them on my old IS and my Tezza, and it stabalises the Battery voltage for sure.

Not quite. It holds your Battery voltage at around 14.3/14.4 rather than fluctuating and therefore is better on startup and the idle is stable.

Not quite. It holds your Battery voltage at around 14.3/14.4 rather than fluctuating and therefore is better on startup and the idle is stable.

Right ground wires are now fitted definately noticed the idle its lower and gets to the idle speed alot quicker for some reason. Did get worried at one point that the idle was going to drop to nothing (usually it idled at just under 700rpm)

Further driving will see if it has all that much effect

Cheers for the input Zee :)

Right ground wires are now fitted definately noticed the idle its lower and gets to the idle speed alot quicker for some reason. Did get worried at one point that the idle was going to drop to nothing (usually it idled at just under 700rpm)

Further driving will see if it has all that much effect

Cheers for the input Zee :)

Where did you buy them fella? Been looking at this mod myself

why not make them yourself......Just as effective, and you achive the same result

Mat can you send me a link or something as I how I go about this :duh:

yes no problem,

firstly, how many Cables has legendswraith got with his kit, as that is how many you need to make up

why not make them yourself......Just as effective, and you achive the same result

I have done this today .............. still not quite finished ........ but I now have another 2 earthing points on the car .......... haven't driven it yet - to see if I notice any results.

Legendswraith / SF......

Give me a few clues please

Pop along to Maplin ..................... ;)

well the link i got them from is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33574

he charges $25 for shipping and that shows all the leads i think i had a few left over on the GS so i used them to bond the induction pipe too

just have a look under your bonnet and see how many grounding points there are in the engine bay then thats how many leads you need. I worked a couple of mine in a loop and so on and now having been out for a spin it is a little more responsive to the throttle i really need to wait till i give it a good drive to confirm it though as i never trust the first impression

I think the main reason people notice a different is because they disconnect the battary whilst fitting the wires and therefore reset the engine ECU and clear the learned transmission settings.

I made sure the Battery stayed connected when fitting mine and didn't notice any difference. Saying that most people notice a difference in e-shift rather than anything else, something that my car doesn't have.

I think the main reason people notice a different is because they disconnect the battary whilst fitting the wires and therefore reset the engine ECU and clear the learned transmission settings.

I made sure the battery stayed connected when fitting mine and didn't notice any difference. Saying that most people notice a difference in e-shift rather than anything else, something that my car doesn't have.

i already reset my ecu though :P and e-shift what is this e-shift you speak of. Where is it and what does it do and if i don't have it why not :D

i already reset my ecu though  :P and e-shift what is this e-shift you speak of. Where is it and what does it do and if i don't have it why not :D

To the right of the image you will find the e-shift ............

DSC01366.jpg

They are on the IS300's ................

i already reset my ecu though  :P and e-shift what is this e-shift you speak of. Where is it and what does it do and if i don't have it why not :D

They are on the IS300's ................

Got it on my 2002 GS as well.

I fitted an Earthing kit to my 300ZX. It made a massive difference but I guess that was only because the original Earthing points were very poor and corroded. I made them up myself to save money .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links