Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Bromley 50k Service

I bought my IS200 Sport in Feb 05 on a 51 plate. Lexus Bromley quoted me £150. However i told them i need a full service and not an interim service as the previous owner last serviced it at 30k.

So bearing in mind my car has not been serviced for 20k miles i was quoted £550 by lexus Bromley.

Is this a good deal?

How much should i be paying?

and where else could i try near my area (Dartford/SE London)

Hope LOC can help

Bal

update.....................

Thanks to all that replied

I rang Croydon who quoted me £385 and Tunbridge who quoted £397.

I then rang Bromley who changed ther quote and dropped it to as little as £350.

But i still may go to Croydon and pay more out of principle and because the bloke on the phone was nice.

Bal

Complete and utter rip off mate - if I was you I would shop around and even drive somewhere (even far) and you will save money. The 40k service was the major one and 50k is a minor, you don't need your cambelt doing until 100k.

I paid £252 for my 40k & £136 for my 50k service & even together it's still cheaper than your quote - this was at Lexus Stockport (with gold discount) so if I was use I would even drive to stockport and sacrifice a tank of petrol and your still quids in - good luck!

Think I deserve a beer for giving you that information my friend! :shifty:

thats why i have stopped using them!

i live realy close to you, do you know birchwood road?

Have you considered doing most of the service yourself and have them only do the final few things?

such as change your own plugs, filters etc? i have just changed all my plugs for £36 versus lexus bromleys over a ton costs! also lexus brom quoted me £650 to change my front discs and pads - i did it all for £100

Can you do a proportion of servicing yourself leaving the dealer to do the rest and still maintain the warranty???

I've pre paid for the first 2 years servicing, cost £440, saved about 90 quid over normal prices, not a great deal but it all helps. Only thing with that deal they can't do the gold discount as its a third party company.

sounds very steep to me, ring around some different dealerships and get them to give you a price and then go back to bromley and see what they say. when i had my 100k service and a new cam belt it wasnt £550.

I reckon most dealers in or around the M25 area are going to be fairly expensive, same applies to BMW dealers.

I was quoted about £685 for a major service inc cam belt by Hatfield (even tho my car is nowhere near), got a feeling their particular servicing prices are quite high after being on here a few weeks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links