Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Double Standard In Speeding

:angry: Don't even get me started on this type of subject. Stinks, the whole system does. No excuses for circumstances, its plain and simple, double standards!! :angry::angry:

The saddest thing is that 10 years ago we wouldn't have been having this discussion and Scarface would not feel threatened enough to have to justisfy police actions. However because of the war waged on motorists over the last 10 years at the expense of catching "real" criminals the publics' regard for the police is at an all time low. Therefore we naturally assume that double standards are at play now. They may have been at play 10 years ago but we wouldn't have minded as much because we assumed the police were doing their best to catch the bad guys rather than targetting easy things such as speeding........I saw 9 police (motorbikes, vans and cars) manning a mobile trap in Bisley but have NEVER seen 9 police gathered for any other reason...

Ok - obviously some mis understanding by me ........

We'll start again ........  :D

I totally disagree with the coppers breaking the speed limit because they are late for refs ..... or in fact ..... for any other reason than having to attend an emergency :D

Hows that ?  B)

yep - sounds right to me...

of course, as Barrie says, what circumstances actaully require the use of excessive speed?

4.45 am close at the late night kebab shop

The saddest thing is that 10 years ago we wouldn't have been having this discussion and Scarface would not feel threatened enough to have to justisfy police actions.  However because of the war waged on motorists over the last 10 years at the expense of catching "real" criminals the publics' regard for the police is at an all time low.  Therefore we naturally assume that double standards are at play now.  They may have been at play 10 years ago but we wouldn't have minded as much because we assumed the police were doing their best to catch the bad guys rather than targetting easy things such as speeding......

Very well put.It wouldnt be so bad if it was just a fine,id save up now and again for a little blast :D

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links