Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has Anyone Experienced This?

Always phone a few of the garages in the book just in case .they are very easy to forge and it happens a lot .have a look in your book at the stamp it aint nothing special .some dealers sign the book next to the stamp as well .i have come across cars with fsh that aimt never seen a dealer ,they have just bought a book and stamped it up .used to happen a lot years ago when people bought crash damaged cars and did not have a service book they would repair the car and stamp up the history and sell it on as a straight one .

He's in West Yorkshire, that points to either Leeds or Bradford.

It says North London. Unless its just been edited???? :question:

This thread doesnt sound good. I, for one, never phone dealers and check if the stamps are genuine.

Profile has been edited to read North of London instead of West Yorkshire.

I think that guilty Lex dealer is Bradford cos of This thread.

I'm really surprised that you are all so shocked by this practice, corruption has been part of business since business began and is present all around us and in every part of our lives. Maybe you've all LED sheltered lives?

Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT condoning this, I am merely pointing out that it happens and we accept it.

I was travelling from Port Harcourt in Nigeria to Equatorial Guinea last week but had left my valid Yellow Fever certificate back in the UK. The simple solution was to "buy" a certificate (no vaccination required) for 500 Naira (£2). Was I wrong? Yes of course I was, but the only alternative was to cancel my visit.

@ kam05: if you are so concerned, then you have a duty to report the matter to either the dealership Principal in question or to Lexus GB, but in the end it is your word against theirs and I doubt that it would go much further. After all Lexus GB wouldn't be too hot on the negative publicity, would they now?

@ Mr Morse - Corruption may well be a part of business in most of Africa, in fact it is probably essential if you want the contract. It is one of the reasons why cancelling the 3rd world debt would be a complete waste of time and money. The payments saved in interest would just go to line the pockets of corrupt officials and would not to help the starving who actually need it. Geldof can bleat on all he likes about it but the facts stare you in the face.

"I am merely pointing out that it happens and we accept it" well we bl**dy well shouldn't accept it. It costs us all money in the long run.

@ Mr Morse - Corruption may well be a part of business in most of Africa, in fact it is probably essential if you want the contract. It is one of the reasons why cancelling the 3rd world debt would be a complete waste of time and money. The payments saved in interest would just go to line the pockets of corrupt officials and would not to help the starving who actually need it. Geldof can bleat on all he likes about it but the facts stare you in the face.

"I am merely pointing out that it happens and we accept it" well we bl**dy well shouldn't accept it. It costs us all money in the long run.

C'mon Neil, I was just using my African experience as an example - and yes, I agree entirely re. the debt.

The point I am trying to make is that if someone is concerned about a corrupt practice they should do something about it and not just sit back and procrastinate! Action, not words!

guys,

i have been reading your posts and tommorrow i intend to visit the dealer in question and inform them of what i know, its not fair on the honest person paying full whack for a job to be done at lexus and someone from the same dealership to offer to sell me a service stamp for a job to be done elsewhere.

BTW- the dealer in question is not in bradford (i have never used lexus bradford for servicing, i have only used them once to buy some wipers, I work in bradford, don't live there) and yes i edited my location to protect my identity. i thought it was my duty to inform you all and also to make you aware of some of these dodgy practices.

i will post an update after my visit...

guys,

i have been reading your posts and tommorrow i intend to visit the dealer in question and inform them of what i know, its not fair on the honest person paying full whack for a job to be done at lexus and someone from the same dealership to offer to sell me a service stamp for a job to be done elsewhere. 

BTW- the dealer in question is not in bradford (i have never used lexus bradford for servicing, i have only used them once to buy some wipers, I work in bradford, don't live there) and yes i edited my location to protect my identity.  i thought it was my duty to inform you all and also to make you aware of some of these dodgy practices.

Well done fella!

guys,

BTW- the dealer in question is not in bradford (i have never used lexus bradford for servicing, i have only used them once to buy some wipers, I work in bradford, don't live there) and yes i edited my location to protect my identity.  i thought it was my duty to inform you all and also to make you aware of some of these dodgy practices.

I think someone's going to be out of a job !.

C'mon Neil, I was just using my African experience as an example - and yes, I agree entirely re. the debt.

The point I am trying to make is that if someone is concerned about a corrupt practice they should do something about it and not just sit back and procrastinate! Action, not words!

Sorry Mike I was a bit strong

guys,

Good Man

Sounds like the sort of thing you could buy from Liverpool market!!!

"if you want, you can take your Lex to an independent garage of your choice for an oil change and we can sell you a service stamp for £30".

He wasn't wearing a shell suit and a curly wig was he?

When you got wound up did he say "Eh, camm down, camm down!"

Sounds dodgy to me mate. I think you should contact Lexus GB like the other guys recommend.

were not all like that!!!! :D

right people, as i said i would post an update after speaking to the concerned dealer...

just go back from the dealer in question and after speaking to the dealer principal/top dog, it seems i was not the only person who was offered a service stamp for cash, it seems that other people who asked for servicing quotes and declined coz of cost reasons have been offered this "oh we can sell you a service stamp if you like" line.

i have been told there is gonna be an internal investigation into the dodgy practice and to put it bluntly, some heads are gonna roll.....

My experience of 'careful internal investigation' is usually, ignore the whole issue, tell the customer that we've taken action but cant tell you what it is due to data protection bo**ocks, and get on with life.

I'd call trading standard and report this with evidence. I'd also keep Lexus GB in the loop.

My experience of 'careful internal investigation' is usually, ignore the whole issue, tell the customer that we've taken action but cant tell you what it is due to data protection bo**ocks, and get on with life.

I'd call trading standard and report this with evidence. I'd also keep Lexus GB in the loop.

Yeah you have to be careful with 'careful internal investiagation'- in my line of work that could also be interpreted as a digital rectal examination :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links