Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Like the title says, wanting to go from my slightly modded is200 to a gs300 mk 2 se but I'd like to hear from some of you that have done this. my main worry is that I'll miss the manual box and that the car will be too big and maybe too few tuning options although I'm sure more & more stuff is being developed all the time.

all input welcome

Cheers

Jim

Funny that Gord, just looking through autotrader now. You got that new shifter on yet?

Other thing in the knowledge for gs300mk2 it only shows a base model and the se. I have seen some sport models (so I presume its the same different specs as the IS) what does the sport have over the se?

thank you

Best speak to Colin, and Matt about that mate ........

There is some history about it being an SE, with the SPORT pack ....

and an actual SPORT.

Includes, lower suspension ........... etc.

I'm sure they will be along shortly to advise.

Funny that Gord, just looking through autotrader now. You got that new shifter on yet?

Other thing in the knowledge for gs300mk2 it only shows a base model and the se. I have seen some sport models (so I presume its the same different specs as the IS) what does the sport have over the se?

thank you

With the MK1, the difference between the Sport & SE were that the Sport had lower springs, rear spoiler, sport grille and 17/18" wheels, not sure if this applies to the MK2 though :huh:

I went from an IS200 Sport to a MkII GS300 Sport and have never looked back.

The sport is slightly lower with sport suspension so a bit of a harder ride than the SE. However I didn't notice that much difference between my IS sport and the GS. The Sport has the front lip and rear spoiler. Not sure of the difference in the interior (if any), but I know it was hard to find a decent sport with the sat nav option (so didn't bother).

With the car being bigger you obviously can't fling it around the corners as much as the IS (!), but the power is great. Flick the power switch and the acceleration feels great. Leave it off, and you only realise how quickly you've moved when you look in the rear view mirror and see how far back the other cars are!!

I really like the combination of luxurious interior - the full leather, leccy memory seats and autodim mirrors are great, but also the look and styling of the car. In my area, I see far less GS's than IS's so it feels even more 'exclusive'.

I love my car, don't miss the IS at all (although the GS does take a bit of getting used to) and won't go back...will only go bigger!!!

I did exactly the same thing

I traded in my IS200 SE for the GS300 Sport with Satnav.

I had done quite a lot of mods to my IS and I was a little worried about mods for the GS but after driving the car for a while I thought it was pretty much perfect how it was for me

I was enjoying a very quiet and very comfy ride, the seats in the GS are bigger so they fit my wide load much better and theres alot more head room for me as im 6'2" overall Ive forgotten all about the IS the only thing I miss is the folding mirrors but the GS has more toys and mine even came with factory fitted Xenon HID headlights, the touch screen satnav is very nice and the screen also doubles up for controlling the aircon and radio controls

if you fancy a meet up one day your welcome to take my car for a mini test drive

I did exactly the same thing

I traded in my IS200 SE for the GS300 Sport with Satnav.

I had done quite a lot of mods to my IS and I was a little worried about mods for the GS but after driving the car for a while I thought it was pretty much perfect how it was for me

I was enjoying a very quiet and very comfy ride, the seats in the GS are bigger so they fit my wide load much better and theres alot more head room for me as im 6'2" overall Ive forgotten all about the IS the only thing I miss is the folding mirrors but the GS has more toys and mine even came with factory fitted xenon HID headlights, the touch screen satnav is very nice and the screen also doubles up for controlling the aircon and radio controls

if you fancy a meet up one day your welcome to take my car for a mini test drive

Bettsters car is very nice......its seems like a comfy sofa!! I do like the way the steering wheel moves into position too when you start the car - very B) !

I recently traded my IS200 SE for GS300 SE with Sat Nav (black with black leather) . In terms of driving, it's quite different as my IS was a manual, but it is very quiet and comfortable and with plenty of power under your right foot when you need it.

I really upgraded because I needed more room (second child on it's way) and wanted to stick to Lexus brand. I wonder if that agument will hold water when child number 3 is on its way and an LS430 is called for!

Cheers

Sandeep

Lexus jim,i dont think you will look back if you go for the GS300 :)

The mpg wont be that much different from what your getting now with your IS,just more Torque and better overtaking grunt at higher speeds.

I thought id miss the manual gearchange,ive had Autos/manuals on and off since passing me driving Test.If your on a trackday then yes id prefer manual,but 99% of driving the autos best...in traffic/towing etc and no hassle replacing clutches if the autobox is looked after.

I wouldnt myself buy a Auto car if it was less than 2 litres,the bigger the engine the better the auto drives,thats just my view.

So from one of the above posts the mk2 GS300 doesnt have folding mirrors?

To my surprise when i first bought my 1991 Aristo a few months back,it has the electric folding mirrors feature on it :)

The GS300 should be quick performance wise,like the offer above,have a test drive,as to performance mods rather than spend money on the uk car,have a look at the Twin Turbo import versions there Rapid straight out the box.

Good luck what ever model you go for.

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links