Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If one has sat nav with parking function - is it worth getting audio beeping as dealer add on? Anyone have experience of this?

Spizz

I have audio bleeping on mine ......... it's really good.

You know how far you are away from the hazard by the changing sound of the bleep !

If one has sat nav with parking function - is it worth getting audio beeping as dealer add on? Anyone have experience of this?

Spizz

I have audio bleeping on mine ......... it's really good.

You know how far you are away from the hazard by the changing sound of the bleep !

Me to...well worth it!

Got both camera and PDC........the camera is wonderful during the day, but less use in the dark. PDC cost £250 fitted and I have no doubt saved me double that amount in avoiding walls and posts.

Spizz

Personally for the rear I would say the camera is better and still usable in low light as the camera is quite sensitive and the reverse lights are bright enough to add the needed boost so you can see. However I would say that having them for the front may be worth thinking about although I don't have them myself. I still can't get use to how long the car is at the front. Much easier than the rear of course but I just don't want to mark the front of the car so I always end up pulling up short. However the parking guidance lines that help you park in between two parked cars works really well and I rely on this for the front when parking.

br

D

Spizz

Like JohnRX, we had a Mk1 with audio bleepers and now have a Mk2 with the camera to rely on. Takes a while to live without the bleep but the camera is good, even in low light and we learning to trust it with use. I imported my car direct from Japan earlier this year and one of the bonuses is that it comes equipped with 3 cameras- the additional ones being in the L on the grill, and in the passenger door mirror - helps save your wheels when parking. Don't know why it's not on the export models; Bugsy.

• 3 weeks later...

Spizz

Like JohnRX, we had a Mk1 with audio bleepers and now have a Mk2 with the camera to rely on. Takes a while to live without the bleep but the camera is good, even in low light and we learning to trust it with use. I imported my car direct from Japan earlier this year and one of the bonuses is that it comes equipped with 3 cameras- the additional ones being in the L on the grill, and in the passenger door mirror - helps save your wheels when parking. Don't know why it's not on the export models; Bugsy.

3 Cameras, that is impressive, wonder why they not on the U.K. spec.

Spizz

Did your car come with any other extras Bugsy.

Spizz

Did your car come with any other extras Bugsy.

Some- yes. Mine is the equivalent of the SE-L.If you look at my posting of June 19th you will see the cameras, together with the rear spoiler and standard wheels. Where everything - almost - is standard on UK models, the Japanese have various 'packages' and then have options you can add as you please. Although mine has the items above, it doesn't have the headlamp washers, side curtain or heated seats all of which were not specified. The sun-roof is a full length affair unlike the UK 'roof- window' as they call it. Cheers -

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links