Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need New Front Foglights For Is200

I have a 2000 IS200. I have just suffered a 60K service which was stratospherically expensive.

Both of my front foglights are not working and I was told that both bulbs had corroded them selves to the light fitting. I was told new ones were about £200each. I decided not to have them replaced as the bill was so big already.

I have tried to remove the lights to see if I can replace just the bulbs. Not so easy!. Just undoing the retaining screws is a nightmare and then the light does not come forward enough to get it out. I tried going from the wheel arch but as the bulb does seem to be corroded onto the fixture I could not undo it. I also saw that there was no slack on the wiring to allow the fixture to go forwards. I cannot envisage how I'll put the screws back.

I suppose my plan now is to get a pair of foglights at a cheaper price then the Lexus dealer and then get an independent mechanic to fit them

My questions are therefore

Where can I get a pair of front foglights?

Is there are trick to getting the foglights out so I can do theis myself?

Does anyone have a mechanic they can recommend around London N14 or London E11?

Thanks

TudorDoc

they are very easy to replace and you can get them for about £100 a pair from eBay. All you need to do is unplug the back of them and then undo the bolt on the side (visable through the vent next to the fog on the bumper) and then they push them out.

you certainlly dont need to pay anyone to replace them!

do you have an auto by any chance?

Unplugging the back is not easy when the bulb seems to be corroded onto the fitting. I guess I need to undo the plastic lining in the front arch to get best access.

How do you get the screws back in? Is there a special round-the-corner widget that I need?

I've looked on eBay and cannot find anyone selling front fog lights hence my need to find a lexus parts supplier

Thanks

TudorDoc

disconnect from the plastic plug and not the bulb then.

remove your whole front bumper and it will take no more than 30mins to change all the fogs!

I tried to take the plastic plug off but could not get it off. The instructions in the handbook are not very clear. Does the plug pull off or slide off

How easy is it to remove the bumper?! Surely I still need to unplug the fogs to get the bumper free?

TudorDoc

Now managed to get old light out and found bulb well and truly corroded. I took pictures of the fitting so I can check that replacement one will fit. Thought I'd put it back in while getting replacement sorted - not easy even with a ratchet spanner

If the eBay listing does not work out, is there a UK supplier of Lexus parts that anyone can recommend

Thanks

TudorDoc

I have a 2000 IS200.  I have just suffered a 60K service which was stratospherically expensive. 

Both of my front foglights are not working and I was told that both bulbs had corroded them selves to the light fitting.  I was told new ones were about £200each.  I decided not to have them replaced as the bill was so big already.

I have tried to remove the lights to see if I can replace just the bulbs.  Not so easy!.  Just undoing the retaining screws is a nightmare and then the light does not come forward enough to get it out.  I tried going from the wheel arch but as the bulb does seem to be corroded onto the fixture I could not undo it.  I also saw that there was no slack on the wiring to allow the fixture to go forwards.  I cannot envisage how I'll put the screws back.

I suppose my plan now is to get a pair of foglights at a cheaper price then the Lexus dealer and then get an independent mechanic to fit them

My questions are therefore

Where can I get a pair of front foglights?

Is there are trick to getting the foglights out so I can do theis myself?

Does anyone have a mechanic they can recommend around London N14 or London E11?

Thanks

TudorDoc

What was the cost of the service out of interest?

i had same prob as you and thought i would have to buy whole assembly but went to Halfords and found you get everthing that slots into the fog light  (not just bulb) so all i had to do was clean things and push new units in, hopefully you could do the same,think they were about £10 each

The problem is the the bulb is corroded into/onto the fitting and I cannot get it out. The inside of the lamp is somewhat opaque with debris floating around. I guess that its gone too far for the Halfords solution

I am thinking of buying a replacement pair off eBay that are in Hong Kong but come from Japan originally

TudorDoc

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links