Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oil Catch Cans

I notice few people got a oil catch can, did a search but cannot find answers i looking for.

Anyway.

I bought a oil catch can made by Cusco universal one as they dont have application for a is200. But a problemo, it only comes with 1 hose. By looking at the insturctons(its in japanese), the illustration shows the hose goes from the can to the pcv whereas the inlet manifold is blocked by a plug - a plug supplied with the kit, i already checked no parts missing in the kit i bought. Does this sound right?Should there be another hose running from the can to the inlet manifold? As i notice the people with oil catch cans got 2 hoses fitted. Im confused.

Thnks

I notice few people got a oil catch can, did a search but cannot find answers i looking for.

Anyway.

I bought a oil catch can made by Cusco universal one as they dont have application for a is200. But a problemo, it only comes with 1 hose. By looking at the insturctons(its in japanese), the illustration shows the hose goes from the can to the pcv whereas the inlet manifold is blocked by a plug - a plug supplied with the kit, i already checked no parts missing in the kit i bought. Does this sound right?Should there be another hose running from the can to the inlet manifold? As i notice the people with oil catch cans got 2 hoses fitted. Im confused.

Thnks

Can i ask :question: is you car Turbo or S/C if not you should not need catch can ;) , yes you should have 2 hoses................my Greddy catch tank only come with 1 hose, i just cut the hose so then i had 2 bits of hose :winky:

Its N A so no turbo / supercharge, the catch can was from japan as my family went there & bought few things back as it was very cheap to buy. They did notice lot of NA cars there got these fitted too. Thought of cutting the hose but need to make sure if it is 2 hose needed or what would happen if u only use one hose & block off the inlet manifold rather than connecting the hose to it??

Can i ask :question: is you car Turbo or S/C if not you should not need catch can ;) , yes you should have 2 hoses................my Greddy catch tank only come with 1 hose, i just cut the hose so then i had 2 bits of hose :winky:

Its N A so no turbo / supercharge, the catch can was from japan as my family went there & bought few things back as it was very cheap to buy. They did notice lot of NA cars there got these fitted too. Thought of cutting the hose but need to make sure if it is 2 hose needed or what would happen if u only use one hose & block off the inlet manifold rather than connecting the hose to it??

if you block off the inlet it won't work and catch tanks will have an effect for all types of engine just more so in S/C and T/C cars

I just fitted one on mine and its a normally aspirated car i don't need it but my reasoning is that its chrome and shiny :D

if you block off the inlet it won't work and catch tanks will have an effect for all types of engine just more so in S/C and T/C cars

I just fitted one on mine and its a normally aspirated car i don't need it but my reasoning is that its chrome and shiny :D

yep there is that as well "chrome and shiny" :winky: :D

What wont work? Just dont want to cause the engine any probs/malfunctions. Yes im fitting it for the looks more than anything really. Legend what oil can you got? Can you buy these similer quality hose from stores like homebase/BQ or motor acceosory stores?

So ....... can someone actually clarify, will the oil catch cans have an effect on N/A cars .... ?

If so ...... I want one ! coz it's nice and shiney too ! ........ to match the Typhoon ! :D

So ....... can someone actually clarify, will the oil catch cans have an effect on N/A cars .... ?

If so ...... I want one ! coz it's nice and shiney too ! ........ to match the Typhoon !  :D

Ahmet mate there are some Greddy ones on eBay for £45 :winky: ............and that is very good price, as i payed £75 for my one when i got it :crybaby:

it will keep the oil mist from the engine out of the intake so will stop ur maf and mas sensors from getting dirty do you want any more excuses :D

Nope ....... I'm getting one ! great !

Ahmet mate there are some Greddy ones on ebay for £45  :winky: ............and that is very good price, as i payed £75 for my one when i got it :crybaby:

Excellent ...... I'll keep my eye open :)

I would go with the Greddy one mate :winky: ..............or wait and see what Prolex one is like :whistling: :winky:

Met Mat C @ rockingham today told him about the company I'd spoken to.......he popped along and reckoned the stuff was top notch :whistling:

how difficult to fit those guys?

Maz mate it takes about 15/20 mins :winky:

hardest bit is finding where to mount it then its a case of changing a couple of pipes over and tie wrapping

:lol: yea! i was like standing there looking where to put it for about 30mins :lol:

how difficult to fit those guys?

Maz mate it takes about 15/20 mins :winky:

hardest bit is finding where to mount it then its a case of changing a couple of pipes over and tie wrapping

:lol: yea! i was like standing there looking where to put it for about 30mins :lol:

mine ended up on the radiator plastic housing

That looks good! Worth doing for bling value alone!  :lol:

You getting one Ahmet?

Yes mate, fo 'sho ........... I'm getting one, it's BLING ! and also ........... it will prevent the excess oil getting on my MAF !

Just waiting to come across a nice one ............... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links