Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hydro - Foam

Adie

true but to be fair Connelly cocked it all up by releasing nearly all of the detials on RC sites before securing any deal with manufacturers - so of course there are many many copies of the design - just be careful what you buy cos it might turn out to be complete shi.......

there are loads of these about...anyone who has enough experience to construct / handle one will know that :-)

Thanks for that, but I think you missed the point. Some of us can and have built similar stuff either of our own design, or for this one in particular from design information that Michael Connelly was so free with. The point is that for peeps who haven't had the dubious pleasure of many years building and eventually crashing model aircraft there's the ARTF or RTF (ready to fly) options, in which case it would be good to appreciate the originator and purchase his brand.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one of these, please let me know and I will PM you the contact details of a UK distributor for these nifty things. Retail price is yet to be fixed, but is likely to be between £100 and £150. They are accepting pre-orders at £100 with the balance to pay when the units are available.

Shipment is due around 6 July followed by a few days in customs, then shipping to the distributors.

Admittedly it's not the original Connelly version, but I'm told that a few samples have been tested and they are very good quality... not yet had a go myself though.

These are not self-build kits, they are fully assembled, complete with radio gear installed.

Anyone interested, let me know and I'll give you the contact details.

Leland

there are loads of these about...anyone who has enough experience to construct / handle one will know that :-)

Thanks for that, but I think you missed the point. Some of us can and have built similar stuff either of our own design, or for this one in particular from design information that Michael Connelly was so free with. The point is that for peeps who haven't had the dubious pleasure of many years building and eventually crashing model aircraft there's the ARTF or RTF (ready to fly) options, in which case it would be good to appreciate the originator and purchase his brand.

Hi Tango....I am not sure what you mean about "missed the point". I was merely stating that there are loads of these flying objects ( mainly clones ) already on the market both here and the US. The original poster ( and several others) appeared to me to be somewhat impressed / surprised / etc by this video - which is now relatively "old hat " ..... and that suggests to me they are not experienced modellers. This type of R/C craft is not suitable for novices, and it is impracticable to just go out and buy one and just start using it. I am not sure what all this talk is about them not being available yet, and that they are going to cost hundreds of pounds ? Phooeey !

As an R/C modeller of over 30 years, B certificate holder for 29, and a registered club instructor, I think I am qualified to make such an observation.

Hi Tango....I am not sure what you mean about "missed the point". I was merely stating that there are loads of these flying objects ( mainly clones ) already on the market both here and the US. The original poster ( and several others) appeared to me to be somewhat impressed / surprised / etc by this video - which is now relatively "old hat " ..... and that suggests to me they are not experienced modellers. This type of R/C craft is not suitable for novices, and it is impracticable to just go out and buy one and just start using it. I am not sure what all this talk is about them not being available yet, and that they are going to cost hundreds of pounds ? Phooeey !

As an R/C modeller of over 30 years, B certificate holder for 29, and a registered club instructor, I think I am qualified to make such an observation.

What's that got to do with anything! Add 10 years to your figures and you have my R/C profile. I merely pointed out the original designer ain't getting the wonka, and the majority are clones of his original design..

If you look you'll see the thread was started about a year ago. :duh: So are you saying we are not qualified to fly such a thing as these because us novices got excited about it :blink:

It'll probably be fast and furious, you'll not know which way is up or down or which way to steer depending on it's orientation. It'll be in the ground in bits before you can say $hit. I haven't flown one or picked one up so I don't know what the wing loading is, but batteries and electric motors aren't the lightest of payloads.

Hi boys....please lets not turn this flamin ! Perhaps we should agree that some misunderstanding of content was occuring :blush: I don't want to fall out with peeps here on the Lexus Forum, I was only trying to help inexperienced people to avoid buying what appears to be a Toy, but in fact is quite a complex demanding, and potentially dangerous item...have a nice day y'all and calm down :D

It'll probably be fast and furious, you'll not know which way is up or down or which way to steer depending on it's orientation. It'll be in the ground in bits before you can say $hit. I haven't flown one or picked one up so I don't know what the wing loading is, but batteries and electric motors aren't the lightest of payloads.

Yup. Totally agree - my Dad has got a helicoptor type thing, made of foam as well, and everytime it lands, a little bit gets chipped away! :lol:

Before long, it will be just the batteries, motors and servos left! lol.

D

Hi boys....please lets not turn this flamin ! Perhaps we should agree that some misunderstanding of content was occuring :blush: I don't want to fall out with peeps here on the Lexus Forum, I was only trying to help inexperienced people to avoid buying what appears to be a Toy, but in fact is quite a complex demanding, and potentially dangerous item...have a nice day y'all and calm down :D

Agree as well :) Smile all :)

haha not those kind of choppers !!!

anyway the hydro foam turned up today, its very big !! but the top part of the boat had come unstuck, and worst of all there was no charger for the li poly Battery so i cant use it!! the seller has arranged to send me out another hydro foam which is hopefully complete. so no flying this weekend for me :(

DOH!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links