Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fully-synthetic Not Available For Is200?

Got a query for you guys.

When I took my car into the local garage to get an oil change a few weeks back, I requested fully synthetic. They said they cant get any for the IS200, and only semi-synthetic should be used.

What makes me question this advice is that last time I requested fully-synthetic I got it. (or at least thats what i was charged/told).

I didnt think about it at the time, but I shan't be going back there again (fairway tyres in rickmansworth for those of you local, tony bones will know them, lol)

Was the guy B/S'ing me?

Can fully synthetic be used in the IS200 engine?

Got a query for you guys.

When I took my car into the local garage to get an oil change a few weeks back, I requested fully synthetic. They said they cant get any  for the IS200, and only semi-synthetic should be used.

What makes me question this advice is that last time I requested fully-synthetic I got it. (or at least thats what i was charged/told).

I didnt think about it at the time, but I shan't be going back there again (fairway tyres in rickmansworth for those of you local, tony bones will know them, lol)

Was the guy B/S'ing me?

Can fully synthetic be used in the IS200 engine?

Load of Bollx - synthetic oil is the best oil you can put in your engine. Mine has run on Mobil No.1 since she was born and gets an oil/filter change every 3,000 miles.

Load of Bollx - synthetic oil is the best oil you can put in your engine. Mine has run on Mobil No.1 since she was born and gets an oil/filter change every 3,000 miles.

That was pretty much my thoughts on this as well....

It's difficult to get a fully synth oil in this country that has one of the recommended viscosities that is stated in the owners manual. Most are 0w-40 which is not recommended.

If you were to use a non-recommended viscosity and you have an engine problem within warranty then there could be issues.

My car is out of warranty so I don't have any issues using Mobil 1. :)

BS for sure.When I took my car for a 40k service at Croydon, and asked to supply my own oil, they said that they specificly used Fully Synthetic oil. :ph34r:

Used Mobil 1 in mine and now doing so in my RAV.

Always got dealer to use the oil I supplied - and always get Mobil to confirm use by e.mail prior to initial use.

That way a warranty rejection would make interesting legal case between Mobil and the dealer who "used" it ...

PS - I have always used standard oil for first 5 - 10k for running in then switched - as I understand it Mobil 1 will not allow parts to bed in so easily and can lead to burning oil - probably only a rumour but heeded non-the-less.

PS - I have always used standard oil for first 5 - 10k for running in then switched - as I understand it Mobil 1 will not allow parts to bed in so easily and can lead to burning oil - probably only a rumour but heeded non-the-less.

I've read that too but many cars come out of the factory with Mobil 1 in them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links