Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Porter Cable Polisher

Just finished polishing my car using the Porter Cable polisher for the first time.

It takes a bit of getting used to - start off at medium speed until you're used to it chucking polishing liquid all over the place :yack: then get the amount of product just right and turn it up to No.5.

I used a combination of:

1) Autoglym paintwork restorer on the bonnet (Orange pad)

2) Klasse All-In-One on the bonnet (Green pad)

3) Klasse All-In-One on the rest of the paintwork (Blue Pad)

4) Klasse sealant glaze - one coat, applied by hand.

I need to apply another 4-5 coats of SG over the coming few days to build up a really deep shine and then a coat of Souveran Carnauba wax to finish with. This should last me until the autumn.

The results are amazing, there is no way you can ever get this depth of shine just polishing by hand! All light scratches, rain spot marks and virtually all swirling and micromarring have been removed and it leaves a depth of shine that's like looking into a deep pool.

Don't get me wrong, it's still hard work but the results compared with hand polishing are amazing. :D

If there is one detailing product to recommend it this one!

BTW I did't touch the front bumper as it's being replaced under warranty.

gallery_8450_122_32303.jpg

gallery_8450_122_7618.jpg

gallery_8450_122_5774.jpg

Matt - The feel of the paintwork after the AIO treatment surprised me - it's really silky smooth, no rough patches at all! :D

The finished effect is like when I drove the car out of the showroom 18 months ago :P

Gib - I paid $190 for the kit (Polisher + 3 foam pads + 2 buffing bonnets) from Autopia, this includes the LOC discount, see Matt's thread in Gold. Money well spent, it'll cut down on the number of interim polishing sessions.

Next: Baby Shake's Starlet :o

Mine was in the boot at the Portland Mini Meet! Used it later in the week to do my sister's (my old) Carina E.

(usual checklist for going on holiday - clothes, yep - towels, yep - toothbrush and stuff, yep - electric polisher, Meguiars and stepdown transformer, ye-WHAT? :P )

Veeeeery nice, Mike - better do mine again now!

Why/how are you getting the bumper changed under warranty?

Why/how are you getting the bumper changed under warranty?

The bumper is suffering from a "peppering" stone chip effect - literally thousands of tiny chip marks. Lexus didn't make too much of an issue of it, confirming they are aware of the matter.

Several other members (Gord, Steve West Mids) have also experienced the problem that affects the TTE styling kit bumper.

Very nice :D

Anyone know how Klasse SG compares to something like Meguairs Gold Class wax, or Deep Crystal Carnauba wax?

I have noticed keeping swirl marks and small scratch's away requires repeat of polish and wax more often than i'd like.

BTW, you did all that to your car in the shade right? and not in the blazing sun we had today!

Anyone know how Klasse SG compares to something like Meguairs Gold Class wax, or Deep Crystal Carnauba wax?

I have noticed keeping swirl marks and small scratch's away requires repeat of polish and wax more often than i'd like.

BTW, you did all that to your car in the shade right? and not in the blazing sun we had today!

Klasse SG is a synthetic glaze rather than a natural wax - it is applied in thin layers to build up a final sealed coat around the polished paintwork. The final coat is a natural carnauba wax like Pinnacle or Deep Crystal which brings out an even deeper and glossier shine.

Yes managed to do the car in the shade before 2pm when the sun was too high. Still had me sweating though!

I have used the DACP - and I prefer the look of SG.

Its glossier and deeper - I love it.

Its also significantly longer lasting than a wax.

On a dark car - a wax will last between may 3-4 weeks in summer to 6-8 weeks in colder times, until it has evaporated off.

SG will last longer than that - a good few months, maybe as long as four months.

It may offer some small protection against swirling. If you build up a few layers, the swirls will largely be in the SG itself, not the clearcoat.

Its main protection is against UV, rain, road grime, bird crap etc.

hey Matt, so if I have already put some SG on and topped it with pinnacle carnuba wax how can I get the wax off to apply some more SG or do I have to use AIO to remove the lot and start again?

I have used the DACP - and I prefer the look of SG.

Its glossier and deeper - I love it.

Its also significantly longer lasting than a wax.

On a dark car - a wax will last between may 3-4 weeks in summer to 6-8 weeks in colder times, until it has evaporated off.

SG will last longer than that - a good few months, maybe as long as four months.

It may offer some small protection against swirling. If you build up a few layers, the swirls will largely be in the SG itself, not the clearcoat.

Its main protection is against UV, rain, road grime, bird crap etc.

Thanks for that.

I honestly can't believe it can get better from what i've done already! but you have got be thinking about the Sealant Glaze and pure Carnuaba Wax..

Where can i get them from, before the weekend if at all... Got a show to attend to you see :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links