Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Budget Tyres

peter026

Had a phone call this morning from my son and heir.saying he had written his car off.

He was going to work in the early hours of this morning (he lives in Bristol) and the road was wet.In a 60 m.p.h. limit he was doing 45 because of the road condition,,and have experienced some slipping of the rear end previously in the wet,coming into a gentle bend, he lost the rear end,over corrected, mounted the kerb, hit a wall,which in turn through him across the road into the side of a house.

He was very lucky it was so early in the morning,another hour or so and it would have been rush hour,and *** knows what would have happened.

As it was he was badly shaken up with a few bruises and a headache.

When he bought the car,an Audi A3 sport last Sept the garage put 4 budget tyres on to satisfy the R.A.C. inspector, now these tyres are fine in the dry, but apparantly can be lethal in very wet conditions.

The lesson learnt here is to pay the extra for the top marques

Now he has to wait for the assesor and insurance to do there bit

I hope this post may deter others who are thinking of using budget tyres

Had a phone call this morning from my son and heir.saying he had written his car off.

He was going to work in the early hours of this morning (he lives in Bristol) and the road was wet.In a 60 m.p.h. limit he was doing 45 because of the road condition,,and have experienced some slipping of the rear end previously in the wet,coming into a gentle bend, he lost the rear end,over corrected, mounted the kerb, hit a wall,which in turn through him across the road into the side of a house.

He was very lucky it was so early in the morning,another hour or so and it would have been rush hour,and *** knows what would have happened.

As it was he was badly shaken up with a few bruises and a headache.

When he bought the car,an Audi A3 sport last Sept the garage put 4 budget tyres on to satisfy the R.A.C. inspector, now these tyres are fine in the dry, but apparantly can be lethal in very wet conditions.

The lesson learnt here is to pay the extra for the top marques

Now he has to wait for the assesor and insurance to do there bit

I hope this post may deter others who are thinking of using budget tyres

Jesus,sorry to hear about your son mate,hope he is ok

I am glad i got the Dunlop 9000's on monday,i grumbled about the expense and some 'friends' thought i was daft for not getting a cheaper alternative....I fel justified now

Hope your lad feels better

Sorry to hear this - Hope everything works out OK

I for one never scrimp on tyres - also have mates who take the mikey about it - but always feel it is worth it - this add weight to that reasoning.

Perhaps this is especially important now the IS range is getting cheaper to buy and owners have a yearning for cheaper tyres to minimise running costs.

Might be better to pay more and get the geo correct to make them last longer ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links