Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tomtom Go Alternative Mount?

Hi, got an IS200 with the new TomTom Go 500 but want to put it on the space where the sat nav normally goes on the Lexus (in the centre console) I have the console with no pop up tray so it is just flat.

Does anyone know of a good mounting bracket that works well with this set up?

Any ideas would be mostly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Dont think you can adapt it unfortunately - seen a few on the website from other peoples photos - but none of them seem to do the job I want. Any other ideas?

Thanks mike

Have you tried the tt website ?

www.tomtom.com

I know there is a vent mount kit, not sure about any others though.  Maybe the vent mount kit can be adapted ?

Hi

There are new mounts about for the TTG models, here is a site that all users of TTG models should should join :)

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Here you can find all the info on maps, mounts etc... and a free camera data base, lets you know when you are close to a traffic camera, free download from the forum,TTG charge for same :tsktsk:

check it out B)

I contacted TTG directly via their web site asking the same question and they sent me this link not very usefull :question:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.p...ry=0&Language=1

2ddesign

Hi Squarehead

You are correct, but if you glued the magnetic plate to the space on the dash where the built in model goes and fix a bracket/plate under the TTG that might hold it in position :lol:

2ddesign

Have a look at www.brodit.com, I have a couple of their brackets (as does Fargo) and they offer brackets for several locations in the IS. You can simply pick the bracket for the location, then select the TomTom Go adaptor that is suitable.

I think I still have the details of a guy who can supply them too, which I can look for if you think they are what you want :)

I only use two pads of velcro hooks on the TomTom itself and they cling on to the material already on the dash tray.

I always remove it when parked up by gently pulling it forward, it removes with ease every time, and sticks back down again afterwards. Simple but very effective. :)

Ive fitted mine into the OEM motorised sat nav housing so I just fold it away while parked up. The unit is pretty hard to get hold of though and is fairly pricey from the dealer.

Actually, Im selling my IS so may have the housing/motor up for sale soon.

Ive fitted mine into the OEM motorised sat nav housing so I just fold it away while parked up. The unit is pretty hard to get hold of though and is fairly pricey from the dealer.

Actually, Im selling my IS so may have the housing/motor up for sale soon.

Sounds good, got any pictures ?

I have mine on a bracket from the AC vent

43600019_G.sized.jpg

when the tomtom is not attached - it just looks like this

43600023_G.sized.jpg

pretty tidy installation - a permanent live feed runs down the back of the AC to a four gang power point socket buried in the foortwell.

All you see is the bracket and a few cms of wire

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links