Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Tinting

I am sure I have read a thread or two about Tint R in Nottingham- seatched, but only found the recent gold thread about windows tints.

Who has had there windows tinted at Tint R in Nottingham, as I have a few questions?

1 - What car did you have done?

2 - What did you have done?

3 - How much did they charge you?

4 - What is your "real" name, and when did you have it done?

Looks like I'm going to be in Nottingham for a week or so, and I remember people saying that Tint R did a great job for a good price (£50?).

If this is correct - gonna book in and get a nice darkish tint all round.

Want it for security (so no bugger can see in) and to keep the car cool when its sunny (major problem recently :cry: ).

If I book in - want to know what other people were charged and when, don't want to publish your real name - pm me?

Cheers guys

was looking on Google for their website - and the first link was this one!!

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthre...ad.php?tid=2327

But this didn't appear when I used the forums search :blink:

Anyway -so I know that it was AndyHart, Mat, Zee and Jimmy 10 Toes had it done - and they say fantastic job!

Plus - the contact details are in the post!

Simon - if you get this done next week - let me know what you think mate?

I am in Nottingham for a week early November (so far) - so thats when I'm looking to have it done.

PS - is this a 'modification'? Would I need to inform the insurance company?

Matthew,

Tint R just called me i'm booked in for 1.30pm on Saturday so i'll let you know how I get on, hopefully post some pics on Sunday night, or you can see it yourself on Sunday at Gaydon?

Just got to decide on 35% or lighter all round?

Si

Maybe this is what i'll look like when it's done :ph34r::ph34r:

Mat, Zee and myself have all had our windows done at Tint-R. (I think JTT had his done later)

We all had the front side windows done to match the IS200 sport rears.

They make a fantastic job - it took the guy 3 hours to do mine and he charged £50 :yahoo:

They use LLumar Film which is about the best you can get.

I would tell your insurance company, they probably wont charge you, but better safe than sorry

:)

Mat, Zee and myself have all had our windows done at Tint-R. (I think JTT had his done later)

We all had the front side windows done to match the IS200 sport rears.

They make a fantastic job - it took the guy 3 hours to do mine and he charged £50 :yahoo:

They use LLumar Film which is about the best you can get.

I would tell your insurance company, they probably wont charge you, but better safe than sorry

:)

Andy,

Can you remember who you spoke to there? Just in case I need to name drop if they try to charge me more!!!

Can't Wait

Si

B)

The guy you will speak to is the owner of the business, and he runs it himself so you will be speaking to the right guy. Just mention that he did the other 4 lexus's and I'm sure he will do it for the same price. It wasn't a special offer he is just rediculously cheap!

For an SE I'm sure the price would be £150 (all side windows, rear window) I think he charges £25 per side window, and £50 for a rear. That is a bargain believe me, imagine how hard the rear window is to do on an IS! They are hard enough to clean properly!

The guy you will speak to is the owner of the business, and he runs it himself so you will be speaking to the right guy. Just mention that he did the other 4 lexus's and I'm sure he will do it for the same price. It wasn't a special offer he is just rediculously cheap!

For an SE I'm sure the price would be £150 (all side windows, rear window) I think he charges £25 per side window, and £50 for a rear. That is a bargain believe me, imagine how hard the rear window is to do on an IS! They are hard enough to clean properly!

was expecting £50 - cos thats what everyone said :(

but didn't realise they only had two windows.

Working on the basis he uses the best materials and does a great job £150 - for all four sides AND the rear sounds still sounds like an ace price.

is not going to put me off

As andy says - the guy who runs the place is the owner. Top bloke and the quality of the finish is second to none. He charged Mat and I 50 pounds (damn american keyboard only has $ sign...!) as we only needed the front two windows tinting and the colour match is great...

I would highly recommend him to anyone...

Tint R are fantastic, he has done the 5 windows on my car on Saturday!

The people at Gaydon on Sunday will back me up when I say that they have done a fantastic job. Sorry I haven't posted pic yet, by the time I got home through the traffic jam it was dark and the piccy's wouldn't have looked any good!

I'll post them soon

Si

The people at Gaydon on Sunday will back me up when I say that they have done a fantastic job. Sorry I haven't posted pic yet, by the time I got home through the traffic jam it was dark and the piccy's wouldn't have looked any good!

I'll post them soon

Si

Excellent Simon - really happy for you mate!

Thanks for sharing too.

My plans are still too vague to make a booking at the moment (will be in November is best I can do at the moment).

Mind if I ask what you paid for the all round job?

The people at Gaydon on Sunday will back me up when I say that they have done a fantastic job.

Yep, absolutely fantastic job on Si's car, well worth a shopping trip to Nottingham to have your car done at this place.

If I wasn't planning to change the car in the new year I'd be making a booking.

Don't be put off when Simon says he had the car in pieces, he really knows what he is doing. I have never seen a guy take so much care over a customers car. With all the praise we are giving Tint-R, you would think we were on commission!! :D :lol:

As Ricky says, Nottingham is well worth a day out for a shopping trip as well, so you should be able to convince the missus's that its a good idea too :)

I'll post them soon

Si

A really good job...it looked really good.

• 1 month later...

Early in the new year I will be getting my car tinted. I've just been to the local lexus garage for a look around and have made my mind up about getting them done.

Just a quick question for the guys who have had there's done from Tint-R in Nottingham, how dark did you get them, and how dark are the standard tints you get on the IS200's?

Cheers,

Ifraz :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links