Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Is200

6Speed

Hi guys

I have the chance of purchasing on eof two IS200s. I cant decide on which would be a better buy, here is my choice:

1] 2000W IS200 SE. 82000miles. Full Lexus history. Cam belt @76000. Comes with tax test. £7250. 6 months tax and test

The car really clean, as new condition, I thought the mileage was quite good. I was going to go for this car until I saw:

2] 1999V IS200Sport 98000miles. Full lexus history. Cam belt and servce @92000. !2 months tax and test. £6750.

Again really good condition I just dont know whether to go for the newer SE with less miles or the Sport.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

I might get shot down here but I would say go with the SE

It is £500 more, but you are getting 10k less on the clock and an extra 4 months T&T on top.

The only difference between the SE and the sport is a spoiler on the boot - tinted rear windows and rear screen, aluminium pedlas and kick plates. (Please anyone correct me if i'm wrong)

SE looks like a better buy to me.

But without seeing the cars in the flesh it is hard to tell - your decision at the end of the day but that's my advice.

(I'll get back in my box now ! :winky: )

if both cars feel the same ... go for the newer one. Cos it aint gonna matter ... once u start putting all the "other" mods on the car .... :lol:

the pedals, tinting, spoiler (some say no spoiler is even better!) ..are really quite insignificant.

err...i mean when u start comparing with things like induction/exhaust/coilovers etc etc ..... hehe

What about the limited slip differential in the sport???

Re-selling a sport is easier as there are soooo many SE's about!

What colour are they??

That amount of extra miles on an IS means little or nothing at all!!

With the money you save by buying the sport you could get some nice tasty mods to start you off like exhaust, induction, tint for front windows, coilovers etc etc etc!!!

I would go for the sport!!!

I've got to admit I'm an SE man.  You can always tint the windows and add a lip spoiler at a later date - if you find it necessary

The SE has FLSH to 60000 miles then none. A very very small dent on drivers door - hardly noticeable. Dark grey metalic in colour. 2 new tyres.

The sport has full MOT as from today, new windscreen. FLSH. service inc cambelt at 92000. Metalic blue in colour. Immaculate condition.

Im just a bit worried personally about the mileage. I plan to keep the car for about 4 years so I expect to do 50000miles I think the Sport may be better.

I am assuming that the SE is on a manual box.

Yes you can buy an SE and add all the bits including the Sport transfer on the windows to make it look like a Sport but that will cost, say £500. So you have now paid £1,000 more for the SE to make it look a Sport and you still don't have the LSD.

I would buy the sport and spend the grand on mods like induction kit, exhaust and suspension.

the sport is really only worth about £100/200 above the SE spec..

The only mechanical difference is the LSD, the rest is splashings of chrome..

me, i'd go for lower mileage anyday - and to be honest, if you could stretch to £7500~8000 i'm sure you could find a 2000 (x) SE with about 50k with FLSH...

Another couple of important factors to think about would be a) what would the condition of the wheels be like on a car that was made when the coatings of paint and lacquer only existed on the outside of the rims, and B) does the stereo work ?? Just to get these two items replaced / refurbished could cost a few hundred. So maybe it would be a good idea to take Fidgits advice and see if you can hang on in there and get a newer model.

It does sound to me as per your last reply that you are swaying more towards the Sport than the SE. All I can say to that is, each to their own. I don't see anything wrong in the Sport model. The only reason I had an SE was because it turned up before the Sport did when I was looking for one :D

Another couple of important factors to think about would be a) what would the condition of the wheels be like on a car that was made when the coatings of paint and lacquer only existed on the outside of the rims, and B) does the stereo work ??  Just to get these two items replaced / refurbished could cost a few hundred.  So maybe it would be a good idea to take Fidgits advice and see if you can hang on in there and get a newer model.

It does sound to me as per your last reply that you are swaying more towards the Sport than the SE.  All I can say to that is, each to their own.  I don't see anything wrong in the Sport model.  The only reason I had an SE was because it turned up before the Sport did when I was looking for one :D

My problems is sorted. Just check the car with Lexus Hatfield who told me they serviced the car until 2003 when it has 111958 mile service. They also did the 101431 mile service too. It is an SE too not a Sport. Just goes to show to check history. Lexus are very helpful when it comes to this.

My problems is sorted. Just check the car with Lexus Hatfield who told me they serviced the car until 2003 when it has 111958 mile service. They also did the 101431 mile service too. It is an SE too not a Sport. Just goes to show to check history. Lexus are very helpful when it comes to this.

Blimey, that was a lucky escape :blink:

Does that mean the car was clocked? Or just falsely advertised? :ohmy:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links