Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Police Laser Speed Traps

Rillo

Driving today saw police car on side of motorway with hand held laser speed gun - as did most people forcing a near pile up as brakes applied furiously!

However I was wondering what happens if they clock you with the gun. How do they nick you? I assume they have to hop in their car and then pull you over?? Anyone know?

Funny what you wonder about on a long car journey :)

Either they have a couple of bikes / another car up the road ready, or they tail you and pick you up eventualy.

I have even seen a cop on a bike using a gun off the back of cars on a slip road ... bit a no no as it is supposed to be used to confirm the suspicion of speeding, not the other way round! hehe

If it's with a camera, they dont have to catch you, just get the VRN and send a NIP off to the registered keeper.

you can tell u dont live up north

round here we only have mobile ones, north yorkshire has mainly mobile traffic cops. They just usually follow you put blues and twos and pull u over

what!

you mean the police actually see you doing something wrong and pull you over for it! :o

Surely not!!! :duh: :D

All modern road policing can be done by a yellow box - which also saves lives...

[/sarcasm]

round here we only have mobile ones, north yorkshire has mainly mobile traffic cops. They just usually follow you put blues and twos and pull u over

what!

you mean the police actually see you doing something wrong and pull you over for it! :o

All modern road policing can be done by a yellow box - which also saves lives...

[/sarcasm]

But has also proven to cost lives............... :o

what your trying to say speed cameras save lives

the police use a bit of nouse when pulling people over, a camera causes everyone to hit brakes!

i wouldnt mind speed cameras if they put them in accident blackspots

i remember when the sun/rac did the seurvey and found 12 in major accident blackspots, thats it 12!!!! can you adam and eve it?

what!

[/sarcasm]

But has also proven to cost lives............... :o

i was being sarcastic...

all the latest stats have proved Speed Cameras DO NOT save lives... (in all of the regions using them, road deaths have increased), yet all the pro-camera organisations rattle on about how speed kills, and speed cameras save lives...

they say speed kills. in which case GATSO fans please answer this....

Yesterday I did 150 mph on a motorway (what did you think when I said this?)

but it was in Germany (now what do you think?)

so what is the difference between a German 150mph and a British 150 mph???

Nothing - it is the conditions that are different so speed doesn't kill it's inappropriate speed which kills. Cameras don't measure this.

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links