Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fuel

peter026

cool , but will we be able to buy it !

most garages today have run out

For two days I have not been able to buy unleaded from about 6 local filling stations.

Stopped at a Tesco local today, no queue so filled up tank.

Looks like breead and water for the rest of the month!!

:offtopic: , but:

Fuel protests, what fuel protests????, I was able to buy petrol in my area yesterday without any problems......

Just goes to show what effect panic buying has on the general public, we winge about paying 93.9p (current price in my area) a litre for unleaded, but when we hear threats that fuel supplies will dry up, we happily pay 93.9p a litre and full up our cars, we don't winge then do we???? just doesn't make sense.....

This is why the govt. won't cut the tax on petrol, because, when push comes to shove, we will pay up- the govt. knows this....... it also shows how dependent we are on our cars.....

Folks - the government has not increased taxation on fuel for many month, so long ago that I cannot remember.

I am not supporting the government in any way regarding their policy on taxing fuel and granted, the UK may have the highest fuel taxes in Europe, but we are not talking about an order of magnitude higher.

I have already provided several reasons why the price of refined products are at such a high level, go back and read thread 60

HERE

Folks - the government has not increased taxation on fuel for many month, so long ago that I cannot remember.

I am not supporting the government in any way regarding their policy on taxing fuel and granted, the UK may have the highest fuel taxes in Europe, but we are not talking about an order of magnitude higher.

I have already provided several reasons why the price of refined products are at such a high level, go back and read thread 60

HERE

What ???... apart from the 17.5% VAT that in real terms (i.e. £) gets larger with every other increase ?

And is 75% of the cost of fuel not tax by one form or another... bit of a joke for the chancellor asking for the 25% to get cut back...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links