Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Some New Discs!

Rob's Lexx

hi guys,

after taking my car to a regular garage of mine, its time i replace rear discs and pads and the front pads. i've been quoted approximately £280 (inc. labour) from the garage to do the work and am wondering whether thats a reasonable price?? i know it'd cost more from lexus direct, but for something like brakes i don't really see the point of taking it to lexus.

is there anybody on LOC who might be able to supply the parts at a better price than this???

i presume the price they've quoted me are for standard replacement discs and pads.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

rob :D

Have you thought about fitting the bits yourself? Should not be that difficult to be honest....

well i'd love to say i could fit them myself but wouldn't know where to start.

only once ever changed a set of pads and that was on a vectra, so doubt i'll be able to do it myself?????

Got a link for the black diamond discs? I've got the greenstuff allround and looking for some discs.

I can recommened black diamond, i have them on my mondeo. Great stopping power, never warp or fade, not cheap, but worth every penny.

For the lexus try here

http://www.ccmotorsport.co.uk/Merchant2/me...ode=Lexus_IS200

If you mention Monkeyra from the Mondeo Enthusiasts Group sent you over, ask for a discount, you'll hopefully get 10% off.

(He advertises on my website ;) )

They are on my shopping list of things to buy :D

Got a link for the black diamond discs? I've got the greenstuff allround and looking for some discs.

I can recommened black diamond, i have them on my mondeo. Great stopping power, never warp or fade, not cheap, but worth every penny.

For the lexus try here

If you mention Monkeyra from the Mondeo Enthusiasts Group sent you over, ask for a discount, you'll hopefully get 10% off.

thanks for the link matey. they're not as expensive as i thought really....considering unit replacement discs are about £120-£140!! are these discs much better than the mintex one's i've seen around???

also, what pads would you have to run alongside these????

You could also look here:

Brakes International

Very good prices and rapid delivery

just had a quick look on this web-site and if i've got the right parts they seem very cheap indeed......

Part No: BPS2627 Brake pad set (Front) APPROX £27

Part No. BPS2590 Brake Pad set (Rear) APPROX £20

Part No. BDS5797 Solid brake disc (Rear) APPROX £80 (pair)

TOTAL: £158.64 all in!!!!!!

thats not bad for standard replacement parts is it!!!!! :P

I need exactly the same repalcements as I_Love_MY_IS200.

I dotn know much aboout garage ?etiquet? but can we not buy the parts from the above recommended places and just get the local garage to fit them. Or is that not the done thing?.... only ask as i could never fit the brakes my myself but still obviously wantd the cheapest price.... how long a job is it for a garage? 1 hour, 2 hours? for rear disc and pad replacement? Whats a reasonable labour only charge for such a job if i provided them the parts.

I need exactly the same repalcements as I_Love_MY_IS200.

I dotn know much aboout garage ?etiquet? but can we not buy the parts from the above recommended places and just get the local garage to fit them.  Or is that not the done thing?.... only ask as i could never fit the brakes my myself but still obviously wantd the cheapest price.... how long a job is it for a garage?  1 hour, 2 hours? for rear disc and pad replacement?  Whats a reasonable labour only charge for such a job if i provided them the parts.

if your looking for a run of the mill garage to do it i've been quoted about £100 for the labour alone!!! so if you can do it yourself then you had may aswell!!!

when i get my parts ordered and they arrive i may try to fit them myself but may need some advice before hand.

Update have ordered the brake pads from Brakes International as they were cheapest for standard replacement pads. Very nice webpage HOWEVER once ordered you will get an auto email asking you to confirm your delivery address. However that email comes back failed as not recognized. Im awaiting business hours so i can ring them and confirm. Not really an online ordering process then is it?

We shall wait and see. :blink:

• 2 months later...

For the lexus try here

I'd avoid CCMOTORSPORT like the plague! I currently have a dispute lodged with Visa International re: fraudulent online activity. Carl from CCMotorsport has been bull$%^tting me for the past 3 months re: a missing non-existent order (even though he charged me one day 1). I think he's more interested in his eBay art business than motor parts: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fluid-Artworx

Carl from CCMotorsport never returns Email enquiries, always blames spam and worms in his Email server, and the evil couriers. I just can't wait for Visa Cards to lean on him to furnish records of courier company shipping manifests - I guarantee there aren't any! He's a fraudster. Please be careful! :tsktsk:

Sorry Ad77 i forgot to reply either demontweeks.co.uk or a cheaper place to get the black diamond discs is directly, blackdiamond.co.uk.

Ad77 how do you find the greenstuff? I find them very soft. Been told the redstuff is much better especially when running over 200bhp.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links