Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger, 99 Or 97 Ron?

Is it documented somewhere offically that only super unleaded should be used with this kit?

This will be the deciding factor on whether I get an S/C kit or not  :crybaby:

yes TTE recommend that only RON98 ( this is what we have in europe) or higher should be used.

but i do know a few people that only use 95 and so far i dont think they have had any probs

but fact being 95 and 98 are not guaranteed on domestic use fuel. so u could be paying extra for not much more

Yep i agree with you there.

when first got my altezza i ran it on regular unleaded, didn't know it need 98ron or more. when i did change to 98ron, i didn't notice any difference what so ever.

would be interesting to see lab results confirming octane levels of all the various fuels etc...

off topic but almost relevant

i filled my vauxhall astra up with optimax , due to petrol crises the other week ;)

it ran like a pig , kept missing and was well down on power

since having been refilled with cheapo 95ron it has reverted back to normal

occaisonly i have used 95 on the lexus, and never noticed any difference

Maybe its a conspiracy theory the japs thought up with the oil suppliers....

"we'll shaft all jap owners to make you guys more money by insisting use of higher octane fuels"

lol

off topic but almost relevant

i filled my vauxhall astra up with optimax , due to petrol crises the other week  ;)

it ran like a pig , kept missing and was well down on power

since having been refilled with cheapo 95ron it has reverted back to normal

occaisonly i have used 95 on the lexus, and never noticed any difference

Normally I fill the Starlet with 95, but it pinks under load, so the last 2 fills have used 97 or 98 SUL and the pinking has just about disappeared

Have to admit guys as I posted on here a few times I had problems with my car when running on 95 or 97 RON fuel, as soon as I started using Optimax again (98) the engine actually sounds healthier (I can physically hear a difference) and the car doesn't have the problems it had before, seems that running on 98 has fixed the problem!

but fact being 95 and 98 are not guaranteed on domestic use fuel. so u could be paying extra for not much more

Yep i agree with you there.

when first got my altezza i ran it on regular unleaded, didn't know it need 98ron or more. when i did change to 98ron, i didn't notice any difference what so ever.

would be interesting to see lab results confirming octane levels of all the various fuels etc...

they would change from station to station and even week to week

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links