Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re-sale Value

corky

been trying to sell my IS 200 now for weeks. bearing in mind i bought the car in jan 05 for 11,000 from a dealer(its a low mileage y by the way) in now gonna be happy to get 8,500 for it and i think ill be lucky to get that. its been in trader 4 times and no one has been round to look at it and its on e-bay with no bids. i wouldnt mind but its in great condition and a lot of car for the money.

is it just a bad time of year to sell or is the IS de-preciating that quickly. when a bought it, after looking at a few others 11,000 wasnt a bad price.

i cant believe such great cars like the IS are worth as little as they are

did you buy from a Lexus dealer? If so if you tried to trade it in the next day you probably would have only got £8.5 for it then.

It is a bad time to sell a car, not a good time for a car that has poor mpg for the size of it's engine due to current fuel costs and not a good time of the IS as the new model is due out and the series I prices are falling.

Still just be glad you don't own a GS.

been trying to sell my IS 200 now for weeks. bearing in mind i bought the car in jan 05 for 11,000 from a dealer(its a low mileage y by the way) in now gonna be happy to get 8,500 for it and i think ill be lucky to get that. its been in trader 4 times and no one has been round to look at it and its on e-bay with no bids. i wouldnt mind but its in great condition and a lot of car for the money.

is it just a bad time of year to sell or is the IS de-preciating that quickly. when a bought it, after looking at a few others 11,000 wasnt a bad price.

i cant believe such great cars like the IS are worth as little as they are

i think the depreciation is also known as the dealers costs and profits, a private sale will allways be a far bit less than the dealers

with the new model about to be released things will only get worse :crying:

i totally agree and understand what your all saying but just done a quick check on autotrader and for the same age and mileage and price there is an astra and a 206 and a beetle and a mini. all not bad cars but not a patch on the lexus there is so much car for the money, especially compared to these. it will be a sad day when i finally sell it and buy a ford puma or whatever( for the wife) and only have a grand left.

Couple of things you can do, change the words and the photo in the Autotrader advert, i've done the same trick in the past and its worked :) . When wording your advert just tell them all the new car features, don't say its had loads of new parts, it makes the car sound clapped out.

The other obvious one is the price, have a look on www.parkers.co.uk to get an unto date price.

Good luck.

Ditto the above, I've had mine 3 years and do not plan to get rid for at least another year or two - still love it and that says a lot as I usually get bored of cars after a couple of years.

Anyway, what's all the fuss about - don't you think the spec on the current IS is fantastic - why sell it? Unless you want power there isn't much that beats it at the moment- that is apart from the new IS.

The car is still rare where I live and that'll dink dank do for me !

Correct me if I've missed something but why are you selling a 8 month old Lexus? :blink:

I've just test drove a couple of cars (saab and accord) and I hate lexus!!!

It's such a great car in every respect, it's impossible to downgrade. You lose so many 'standard' features!

Keep hold of it. It's a great motor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links