Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which Induction Kit?

Andy IS200

As you may know, im new to all this, only picked the car up the other day.

I am curious about induction kits, all I seem to find are simple replacement filters like k&n and trd ones, the only induction kit I have found is the Protec one which is a very expensive £250, is it any good? Surely there are others available that are cheaper and maybe better?

What sort of performance gains too...?

Cheers

I havent really seen any cheap induction kits for the is200. As for performance gains all i have really done is buy a K&N panel filter. Some should come along with induction kits and fill you in.

I can't personally recommend any mate but both TDI and Prolex offer induction kits for the standard NA IS200 - filter wise you can take your pick really, a few of the guys on here had the Trust / GReddy kit which was offered in a group buy a while ago :)

The guys who have these fitted should be able to comment further!

Welcome to LOC btw :D

The Prolex one is £165 - http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...bf171f6381cf792

And the TDI one is £310 + VAT - http://www.tdi-plc.com/is200.html

hey there,

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, from what i have learned about how the induction kit works, the colder the air the better, to this end Prolex have developed an induction kit which routes the air away from the exhaust manifolds keeping it cooler, aswellas that it has an apexi filter on the end. if you look on the trader section of the site you can see the prototype, i was confinced and i have just bought one as it was pretty much the sdame price as an injen one and it looks good in steel or carbon, as for the performance i dont know cause i aint fitted it yet, i beleive a couple of others have it on the site, it was only relased a couple of weeks ago, the thread tells you more about it, if i knew how to post links i would, sorry

There was a thread on the benefits of the various filters and the apexi one seemed to come out on top for most of the categories.

You can also get a cold air scoop for the induction kit for more cold air flow into the intake.

there are other factors other than just where it runs, you will be hard placed to find an induction kit that does not get hot! one thing you can find with metal induction kits is that they will heat up along their entire length once the engine has warmed effectively heating the air that runs through it.

But then some of the fibreglass/carbon kits have been known to flake off and let fragments into the engine itself, so the choice is yours.

There are other manufactures that make silicone based ones that are pretty good but ulimately expensive.

Why not look at creating your own, i found a site called www.siliconhoses.com and they do all sorts of standard parts that you can build your own kit from for not much ££££

may be worth having a look, as all you will have to find is your inlet diameter for the throttle body which im sure someone can tell you, then order :-

1 x 90 Degree bend

1 x 1 meter length of straight (at the same diameter as above)

1 x 45 Degree bend

1 x Filter

And then enough hose joiners as is needed and some jubilee clips.

Piece of ***** realy, i have ordered from them before and are realy good!

www.siliconhoses.com

there are other factors other than just where it runs, you will be hard placed to find an induction kit that does not get hot! one thing you can find with metal induction kits is that they will heat up along their entire length once the engine has warmed effectively heating the air that runs through it.

But then some of the fibreglass/carbon kits have been known to flake off and let fragments into the engine itself, so the choice is yours.

There are other manufactures that make silicone based ones that are pretty good but ulimately expensive.

Why not look at creating your own, i found a site called www.siliconhoses.com and they do all sorts of standard parts that you can build your own kit from for not much ££££

may be worth having a look, as all you will have to find is your inlet diameter for the throttle body which im sure someone can tell you, then order :-

1 x 90 Degree bend

1 x 1 meter length of straight (at the same diameter as above)

1 x 45 Degree bend

1 x Filter

And then enough hose joiners as is needed and some jubilee clips.

Piece of ***** realy, i have ordered from them before and are realy good!

www.siliconhoses.com

Just checked the site with the hoses suggested and the price is £104 plus vat....without a filter or the actual fixings to stop it flopping about.......

nuff said :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links