Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Copy Cd's

:) like it say's how many peeps on here use the copy CD's (for back up purposes of course) in the standard head unit,

I have read that some people have problems with using them, I have used them in my car with no problems but don't want to find after 5yrs when the warranty expires that the copies have caused problems, ie fookin the player up!!!!

so how long have you been using copies in the player without having to exchange under the dredded err3 :geek:

if you have a laser unit on the way out you may run into playing problems with CD-Rs first as you only get around 70-80% signal level compared to pre-recorded CDs.

CD-Rs have nothing to do with causing an ERR3. It's usage and poor mech. design. that causes that.

:D looks like I will have no problems with playing them then,,

thanks guys, much appreciated :winky:

I did use them alot. My acr stereo is ok 80% of the time, if it displays an error I simply turn the stereo off and back on again and its fine.............. :duh:

But since buying an iPod and an Aux in adapter from ProLex ive not used at all! :D

if you have a laser unit on the way out you may run into playing problems with CD-Rs first as you only get around 70-80% signal level compared to pre-recorded CDs.

I dont understand. The laser's power is still the same, irespective of whether you use mask or recordable cd's. But if you are talking about the reflective laser beem, then yes, there will be a difference in the reflective lazer power, but as the "audio information" is digital, this will not make any difference, aslong as the signal strength is powerful enough for the sensor to pick up the data, which is the case otherwise recordable cd's would not work period....

The signal level you are refering has nothing to do with why some recordable cd's are less reliable.

CD-Rs have nothing to do with causing an ERR3. It's usage and poor mech. design. that causes that.

The lexus dealer said the other day

"it's because the cd-rs are just slightly thicker, so a compilation of 6 cd's causes the changer to jam"

:shifty:

The lexus dealer said the other day

"it's because the cd-rs are just slightly thicker, so a compilation of 6 cd's causes the changer to jam"

:shifty:

Tosh. That would only be the case if the discs were stored touching each other in the deck, scratching one out from the stack when it wants to play it. Which I doubt.

I dont understand. The laser's power is still the same, irespective of whether you use mask or recordable cd's. But if you are talking about the reflective laser beem, then yes, there will be a difference in the reflective lazer power, but as the "audio information" is digital, this will not make any difference, aslong as the signal strength is powerful enough for the sensor to pick up the data, which is the case otherwise recordable cd's would not work period....

The signal level you are refering has nothing to do with why some recordable cd's are less reliable.

Yes I am talking about the received signal.

If you have a laser that is on it's way out then it's output power will be less and therefore the received signal strength will be less. You get to a stage where the received signal is not strong enough for the data to be detected correctly. The stage is earlier with CD-Rs because the received signal strength is less in the first place, as I said before about 70-80%.

I always use them CD-R Printable and work perfect

i buy them from www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

{CD 1101} Taiyo Yuden "Full Face" Printable (52x) CDR in Packs of 100

This product is the 'full-face' inkjet printable version of the Taiyo Yuden CDR.

Taiyo Yuden are renowned as one of the leading manufacturers of quality CDR.

These discs have super high duability and a lifespan of over 100 years in normal conditions.

This is a product that will really appeal to customers who own an inkjet disc printer such as the Epson R200 or R300.

This disc is capable of being written to at upto 52x.

Packaging: Spindle tubs of 100.

Manufacturer ID: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.

Capacity: 702MB

NEVER EVER GET ERROR OR NO DISC :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links