Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Phone Kit

For my next trick I will fit a Nokia phone kit, I'm on the scrounge for information though...

1. how does the cd/tape player come out of the dash

2. is there a telephone mute wire on the harness

3. if so what colour is it

4. any other gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks again in advance.

p.s. Still loving the IS200 SE, just so luxurious..look at those 3 series drivers with their steel wheels and cassette only players etc...lol!

When I had my Nokia 6210 car kit fitted, the installer from Orange said Lexus don't allow car kits to be fitted through the audio system anymore. Not sure if this is true, or just him trying to save some time?

When I had my Nokia 6210 car kit fitted, the installer from Orange said Lexus don't allow car kits to be fitted through the audio system anymore. Not sure if this is true, or just him trying to save some time?

My GS certainly has a mute - most amps do nowadays I think - you just need a schematic

on my is200 Navigator model. the telephone mute wire is on the external amplifier located on the right hand side of the glove box. its the bottom loom, (the smaller of the 2) and the telephone mute wire is red with yellow stripe with silver hoops. if connecting a nokia car kit, then the yellow wire from the nokia kit can be soldered directly to this wire and hey presto..... tel muting is achieved.

Thanks for the reply, but I notice from the pic you sent me that your cassette slot is above the cd slot, mine is the other way around...hmmm

p.s. do you have the part number for the autoleads bracket at all?

p.p.s I've tried to pry the felt up from my top tray, but it seems to be stuck, bearing in mind that this is a 52 IS200 SE anyone know definatively how to remove this to get at the head unit mounting bolts?

Cheers :withstupid: or more like AM stupid :blush:

I removed my radio to fit a "dashmount" bracket for my phone following the removal instructions of fluff34567, they were spot on.

The felt on the top tray pops up from the side nearest the rear of the car, you can then pull out the air vent assembly exposing the top mounting bolts to the head unit.

You then have to pull out the assembly with the heated seat switches on it, you will need a good grip but it will just pulls out exposing the lower mounting bolts.

Mine is also a 52 IS200 SE

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I have now ordered my "No drill" bracket (£19.99) removed the radio and am now faced with a bunch of wires coming from the rear of the head unit (Cd over cassette)

Wiring is as follows on my (Non nav) 2002 IS200 SE

Ground = Brown

Switched feed = grey

Permanent feed = Blue

Stereo Mute Blue/Red stripe

Not however that a Head unit full of CDS does not take kindly to being turned upside down, leading to a requirement for dismantling said head uit for cd removal!

This is achieved by taking the player out of the cage (8 Very tight bolts 8mm) and the removal of two small cross head screws at the rear top. removal of the lid is then possible.

I'll let you all know how the phone fitting goes tomorrow or Friday

cheers

Neil

The Phone Kit fitment went OK. Theres no room for the speaker and main unit begind the stereo so Mine is now up under the top vents and seems to give a good output from the speaker.

The no drill bracket is exactly that and fits well (so it should at 20 quid for a bent bit of tin with some holes in)

the whole job took me the best part of an afternoon, no major trauma.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links