Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boost Controller

you going to sell it when its done  :crying:

Im not going today now mate............but i will be there on sunday  :winky:

P.S i have seen a very nice Supar zr...  for sale..............with about 500bhp  :whistling:  £12,000

Yes mate. Those skylines are becoming too irresistable :huh: Especially as i cant get much more out of mine without spending LOADS more money again. Its all about the 1/4 mile nowadays :lol:

See you tomorrow then mate and dont forget your liscence :winky:

you going to sell it when its done  :crying:

Im not going today now mate............but i will be there on sunday  :winky:

P.S i have seen a very nice Supar zr...  for sale..............with about 500bhp  :whistling:  £12,000

Yes mate. Those skylines are becoming too irresistable :huh: Especially as i cant get much more out of mine without spending LOADS more money again. Its all about the 1/4 mile nowadays :lol:

See you tomorrow then mate and dont forget your liscence :winky:

But you will be spending loads more when you get a skyline! why not go for a 2JZ-GTE in the IS :whistling: and that way you have the Power and you all so get to keep the IS :winky:

I'm with Marcus, keep the IS :D

Like all off us who have the IS.............i got the IS as i love the looks of the IS and thats why i got one, but i all so love the power of the Supar..........so why not just put the 2JZ-GTE in the IS that way you have the best off both .....Power and the Looks to go with it :whistling:

any way we are going way off TOPIC........... sorry adie :tomato:

so when are you haveing the rest off the work done mate :winky:

Thats going to be checked next week along with the actuator arm, when the fuel pressure regulator is fitted.

I only hope you don't connect the FPR to the stock fuel system. :ph34r:

Dont worry mate..Thor are the daddy when it comes to this stuff and mapping ;)

@ Marcus.. I dont want to sell the IS. I love it and put sooooo much money in to it. Which is why i'm so torn between the two. It wasn't untill i started modding my IS that i got into cars and a trip to Abbey put me onto Skylines. But you have to realise when you're flogging a dead horse :huh: Skyline looks like a mean bad********* and also i can get it up to around 600 - 700 bhp on standard internals :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

You will get more than 700hp out of standard 2J-GTE internals. Stick with the IS.

I was in the exact position you are and I did all the work to the 2lt only to find I want more power. I have pulled out the 2lt and am in the middle of sticking it into a Hilux ute and converting my IS into a 3lt.

post-11705-1132799313.jpg

Good to see you have got some more power with the boost controller adie!!!

I had a little fiddle with mine the other day with Simon who built the turbo conversion. It is the Blitz SBC spec-R controller

We set up the gains so there is far less lag and I get full boost sooner in the rev range. It feels very responsive now. We also set up the warning so when the car overboosts the controller flashes red and beeps etc. Also when the warning sounds it automatically reduces the boost so it can't go above the required boost.

BTW-don't sell the IS!!! :P

• 6 months later...
Power:

Bottom one (green) = Old dyno

Middle one (green) = New Low setting

Top (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_64978.jpg

Fuelling : Top (green) = old dyno / Bottom (green) New low setting - (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_205996.jpg

Torque : Bottom (green) old dyno

Middle (green) New low setting

Top (blue) New high setting

gallery_7884_98_204162.jpg

DYNO RESULTS PROVE BHP FIGURES::::::

NOT MADE UP AS SOME PEOPLE DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just one thing AD, thats says 197bhp at the fly wheel, so where are you geting the 284bhp from, >??? or 216 :duh: or am i missing something :yawn:

Hi mate.

The dyno sheets in the pic are from THOR racing, after I had the boost controller fitted last year. The figures are taken at the hubs on a dyno pack. Fly wheel figure calculates to around 240bhp

just one thing AD, thats says 197bhp at the fly wheel, so where are you geting the 284bhp from, >??? or 216 :duh: or am i missing something :yawn:

Hi mate.

The dyno sheets in the pic are from THOR racing, after I had the boost controller fitted last year. The figures are taken at the hubs on a dyno pack. Fly wheel figure calculates to around 240bhp

ok, so now you at 240 at the fly wheel

Hi mate.

so what is it now 216bhp, at the fly wheel or 216 at the RW :yawn:

216 at the wheels using rotortest, which is about 5% less than a dyno pack,

I will get another dyno pack done by THOR so as I can have a more accurate difference. If you know what I mean :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links