Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Clutch Is Squealing

Hello, I just found this site on Google, and I'm hoping someone can please help me.

I have a 2000 Lexus IS200 Sport, and this afternoon the clutch has started squealing when I push it in.

The gears seem to work alright, but the squealing is worrying me.

Can somebody please help - am I ok to use the car or is this a serious problem that I will need to get the car towed to the garage for?

Thank-you all for any help

Peter

Hi,

I had a clutch go a few years back on my is200, happened at about 70k, Lexus dealer was really helpfull and said that it shouldn't go that quick so I got discount, ended up paying for a whole new clutch fitted (actuator and plates) by them for under 200 quid,

Probably get it done cheaper elsewhere but I reckon I got a fair price, and would be cheaper for just the plates

Col

I've got a speaky clutch push in, i had a rummage about under the car followed the speaking, and found it to be erm well i dont actually no because it was pretty much out of site, but i had to pull back a rubber like housing, the clutch went very very light, then i killed the buggar with half a can of WD40 as i dont think i could have got grease up there, the sqeaking went away. and randomly comes back everyonce in a while.

Could give this ago before you spend a load dosh.

What milage has your car got on it. mine 88000. think the clutch is good for around 100000. sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

I've got a speaky clutch push in, i had a rummage about under the car followed the speaking, and found it to be erm well i dont actually no because it was pretty much out of site, but i had to pull back a rubber like housing, the clutch went very very light, then i killed the buggar with half a can of WD40 as i dont think i could have got grease up there, the sqeaking went away. and randomly comes back everyonce in a while.

What milage has your car got on it. mine 88000. think the clutch is good for around 100000. sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

88K on mine, was slipping a few weeks ago, then stopped :blink: , then started slipping again last night :crybaby:

Mine squeaks when operating the pedal, but its more like a linkage squeak than a release bearing noise.

88K on mine, was slipping a few weeks ago, then stopped :blink: , then started slipping again last night :crybaby:

Mine squeaks when operating the pedal, but its more like a linkage squeak than a release bearing noise.

Yeah thats what i got hopefully, havent felt mine slip yet.

Yeah thats what i got hopefully, havent felt mine slip yet.

I was amazed mine started slipping, It started not long after a high (very high :crybaby: ) rev standing start - wish I had not bothered the 911 left me standing :duh: (it was a mates though - would not normally pitch against a 911)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links