Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Show Day@lexus Croydon This Wednesday 9th

I guess people have been getting the little post cards from their local dealer to pre-view the IS250 at the showroom? :hocus-pokus:

Anyone going to the one in Croydon this Wednesday 9th November :question:

Spoke to Iaine who said they will have 3 cars in that day...

I'll be going along... just not sure what time.

D. B)

I guess people have been getting the little post cards from their local dealer to pre-view the IS250 at the showroom?  :hocus-pokus:

Anyone going to the one in Croydon this Wednesday 9th November :question:

Spoke to Iaine who said they will have 3 cars in that day...

I'll be going along... just not sure what time.

D.  B)

I have booked a test drive during the afternoon. Looking forward to it very much. :driving:

Hmmm...

Went along today. Got there about 12pm. Had a look around the cars - 1 black one in the showroom (SE I think it was) and the 3 available for test drives were in silver.

I wasn't booked in for a test drive, but Eddie managed to squeeze me in for a 20 minute unaccompanied test drive :driving: (thanks Eddie !)

My views:

The Lexus lounge hospitality was spot on as per usual. Offer of a drink. They had some finger nibbles for the day as well :)

I test drove a 55 reg SE-L automatic with Multimedia pack (silver)

First impressions - loved ALL them gadgets, the toys, automatic this, electric that! Main highlights:

- Fully electric steering wheel adjustment (angle and reach). When you switch the engine on/off, it automatically goes in out to its original/last position (like the GS)

- Them dials! OMG, very impressive. If you rev too high, the ring on the dial goes orange. Lots of other lights and things going on. Feels very futuristic.

- The engine is SO silent! Standing outside the car it was barely audible. Inside the car was the same. I tried driving the car in fully automatic and tiptronic modes. As others have said, the gear change is seemless - no lurching at all (unlike the IS200 autos I have driven)

- The SE-L has a rear sun-shade thing B) . I saw a button that said something like "shade", so I pressed it, and noticed a grill-shade thing pop up to cover the rear window.

- The windscreen washer - it does the usual few strokes, then waits a couple of seconds to do a final swipe to catch those annoying drips you usually get

- In 20 minutes, I couldn't have a really good go on the touch screen sat nav. Saw it had the DVD logo, so I guess you can watch films on it. Dual zone climate control, Bluetooth for your mobile phone

- In case you don't know, it has a foot operated parking break

- AND the electric folding mirrors are still there! :D

- The other things that i'm sure everyone knows about are there (keyless entry, lumbar support, memory seats, fully automatic windows, controls on the steering wheels)

- Under the bonnet everything was hidden away by these plastic covers, only allowing easy access to the washer water filler, and the oil level checker thing.

- Personally love the interior, still not 100% on the exterior, but liked the dual exhaust.

- Didn't get to try out all them airbags though - would probably have looked like a bouncy castle in the car!

Would I get one?

Definately want to test drive the diesel and see what the Sport spec offers.

Shame we wont see the IS350 in UK... unless we import... :shifty:

How'd everyone else's first impressions/test drives in the real thing go?

D.

(On, and no I didn't get any pics before anyone asks!)

probably going to the woodford one....

Do you know what, iv'e bought six new cars from Woodford in 7 years and they have'nt contacted about this launch :duh:

Check your post! You should have got one of 3000 invites to our launch for 14th November 6 cars will be displayed inside with 3 outside.You will be able to see all the paint colours except white and gold.

Mark

Lexus Woodford

Do you know what, iv'e bought six new cars from Woodford in 7 years and they have'nt contacted about this launch :duh:

Check your post! You should have got one of 3000 invites to our launch for 14th November 6 cars will be displayed inside with 3 outside.You will be able to see all the paint colours except white and gold.

Mark

Lexus Woodford

will the wheels on the new is250 corrode like on the is200 after a few years :lol:

Mark

Lexus Woodford

Opps, get my date right, its the 15th!!!!

will the wheels on the new is250 corrode like on the is200 after a few years :lol:

Mark

Lexus Woodford

Opps, that should say the 15th!!!!!

Mark

but what would we actually get to do on the launch day though.

will it be like the american affair with country folk singers..champagne and buds?

Sit inside, take it for a whizz (with the traffic outside lexu woodford adn lack of parking spaces...how many folks are you expecting...i know it was a night mare to park my car for servicing :) that curved alley..is like a one way trip to ..nowhere (actually it drives around to the toyota garage...whilst someone speeds up from behind to try to get out)

By the way, woudl it matter if I've already placed my order elsewhere?

but what would we actually get to do on the launch day though.

will it be like the american affair with country folk singers..champagne and buds?

Sit inside, take it for a whizz (with the traffic outside lexu woodford adn lack of parking spaces...how many folks are you expecting...i know it was a night mare to park my car for servicing :) that curved alley..is like a one way trip to ..nowhere (actually it drives around to the toyota garage...whilst someone speeds up from behind to try to get out)

By the way, woudl it matter if I've already placed my order elsewhere?

Come along, its whatbwe are there for. Food and drink will be laid on,ask for me and let me know why you have oredered eleswhere!

Regards

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links